ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fallout:76 spoiler

zanity

What have people missed? Starfield is the biggest announcement from Beth in years, and needs special context/promotion. Starfield leaks inform us planet base building is a thing, so...

Vault 76 is a SPACESHIP. The 'going home' song, 'build the future' slogan and "1776-2076' slogan all refer to NEW AMERICA- the first settlement on a new world, and the beginning of the path leading to Starfield's future setting.

The people of Vault 76 do NOT know they are on a spaceship (one of the oldest plot devices of SF novels and TV shows, as seen in Star Trek TOS, fox's new ST in everything but name, that flop syfy mini- series from three years ago etc etc).

When they finally land on the new world is when the survival, freemium game play begins, I guess.

The E3 show for Beth has a universal SPACE theme. Prey standalone DLC on the moon. Starfield. And Fallout:76 with Man's first extra solar pilgrims struggling to survive on a new world (a world which presumably will be the base world leaked as the major fully designed hub world from Starfield).

It was obvious a survival game set in the Fallout 4 version of Earth would be dull, redundant, and contrary to obvious lore. Beth is not great at new game mechanics. Skyrim online uses well tested fantasy methods. And the shooter mechanics of Fallout are just not good enough for a dullsville lesser return to a mined out non-narrative setting.

But survival on a new planet is current, new, and allows beth to get away with recycling- all as a means of freemium cash-in and simultaneous promotion and back story for Starfield.

TL;DR

Vault 76 is really the spaceship that took the first colonists to the New America on a distant planet that eventually becomes the hub world for Starfield.

Hmmm. Beth specifically chose a song, that was not 1940's sounding, in which John Denver nearly yells "West Virginia!!". I'm thinking it 'might' be a clue...

Edited for further content.

"Fallout" wouldn't work on a new world. The whole premise is surviving in a fallen world where everything is destroyed. Yeah, they could stretch the idea into a ship landing on a different, fallen world, but it wouldn't work. Everything would be alien and then it wouldn't be a "Fallout" game. I don't know if you've got bum info or just making it up, but dude, get a clue.

Edited by buzzbomb

Hmmm. Beth specifically chose a song, that was not 1940's sounding, in which John Denver nearly yells "West Virginia!!". I'm thinking it 'might' be a clue...

"Fallout" wouldn't work on a new world. The whole premise is surviving in a fallen world where everything is destroyed. Yeah, they could stretch the idea into a ship landing on a different, fallen world, but it wouldn't work. Everything would be alien and then it wouldn't be a "Fallout" game. I don't know if you've got bum info or just making it up, but dude, get a clue.

I completely agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate and support the tin foil industry, some content cut from Fallout 2:

"The U.S. government's real plan to survive a nuclear war was simply to find another planet to live on after having helped to destroy the Earth. A spacecraft designed to ferry the human race to another planet was either under construction or ready to go before the Great War broke out."

I completely agree with you, but just to play devil's advocate and support the tin foil industry, some content cut from Fallout 2:

"The U.S. government's real plan to survive a nuclear war was simply to find another planet to live on after having helped to destroy the Earth. A spacecraft designed to ferry the human race to another planet was either under construction or ready to go before the Great War broke out."

Yep. This is just a guess, but from what little I've been able to find on the net about "Starfield", it exists in the "Fallout" universe and does indeed take place on other planets.

I also think that the color in the "Please Stand By" graphic is unusual. That graphic has always been shown as though it was on a black and white television. The whole "Fallout" world has always been about retro-futurism.

The video I've seen from people who claim it's from "Starfield" does not look retro at all. Check it out at-

You don't have to skip to the end like he says, that's bull. I also think everything else in the video is either gameplay from a modded "Fallout 4" or from another game. Until June 10th, we've got nothing that Beth doesn't let us know.

Edited by buzzbomb

That song was in the last Aliens movie (Covenant). Perhaps there will be Xenomorphs in Fallout 76! Just as likely as the OP.