ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

would you consider werewolves and vampires daedra

raginglycanthrope

if that's so Dark elf are daedra as well as the nerevarine. i just think they are human who got blessed (or cursed) by a daedric lord... any human who gives their soul to daedric lord in order to become more powerfull can and will end into oblivion. It include: Werewolf, werebear, vampire, The dark brotherhood (let's say their religion make in sort they finish in the void), the Nightingales, The Morag Tong (they give their life to Mephala) and surely more i miss, all of this for one question: does it make them daedra? i don't think so. Edited by lquebecois

I actually think the OP's question is valid. Naturally he's not suggesting that werewolves and vampires are equivalent in level to the Princes, but he's instead asking if they're equivalent to the Dremora and other Daedric creatures in the lore, which I find to be an honest question, and one that I can't fairly answer.

However, people have brought up some good points to the contrary, so I can't assume it to be true. Lycanthrophy and Vampirism are ailments inflicted upon mortal men and mer instead of being directly created by the Daedra themselves, so perhaps it's safe to say that they're Daedra-inflicted diseases rather than actual servants of the Daedra.

• 1 month later...

i just thought that most things daedra created were at least daedric. not full blown daedra tho. kinda like if one of your grandparents happen to be spanish but most of your family is english. you would still be part spanish. that a good way to put it?

also would the weredaedroth be daedra. i think hircine created one once. did he created the weredeadroth out of the blue or did he infect a mortal with it

Well yes if he was cured he wouldn't be a werewolf and so has no ties to hircine.

I dident mean they are daedra like daedroths and clannefears I meant daedric like the the artifacts. Even if this is not the case I like The idea that werewolves are vampire are different then your run of the mill ones

• 6 months later...

They aren't Daedra. Just like a champion of a Daedric prince isn't a Daedra either.

But both of them are intrinsically related to the Daedra. Being either one of them should make your name go straight into the Vigilants of Stendarr's black list.

Which is a bit counter intuitive,

One would think that being a Champion of Meridia (who despises the undead and is the creator of the Dawn Breaker) could be seen as a holy task.... but you're still evil in the eyes of the vigilants.

I think that the only way to be a absolute "good hero" is to have no business with Daedra, and focus only at the Aedras instead. Fight for Stendarr, Akatosh, whatever.

Edited by CookieDynamics