TES Future Debate.

Hatoncat

Where do you think Bethesda should take The Elder Scrolls Next?

Ok so we all know the big MMO is being made, and it looks horrible. But let's put that aside and get a nice debate going. After Skyrim, where do you think the SINGLE PLAYER games go?

You can have any setting you want.

Any Era you want.

Any Continent you want.

If you would like to see a map of Tamriel, here you go:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/10/108693/2024805-Oblivion-World-Map.jpg

I'll start. In my opinion, Bethesda has a few options and I personally like most of them.

Option #1:

Setting: Morrowind

Era: The 1st Era.

I'm not sure how it would work. I just thought it would be interesting to go back to the 1st Era. And I would like to see Morrowind.

This one is just in there for the hell of it.

Option #2:

Setting: The Continent of Atmora.

Era: The 4th Era. (Same as Skyrim.)

I would like to go to Atmora because it's very interesting that there are more continents, and I would like to see them as well.

I read about it, and Atmora is farther to the north than Skyrim. It's also where men came from, so I guess either it would be an abandonded wasteland full of monsters, or a large and powerful empire taking you to prison for the 50th time. Again, I don't know where this Questline could go, because I don't really know much about Atmora.

Option #3:

Setting: Hammerfell

Era: The 4th Era. (Same as Skyrim.)

I would like Hammerfell because they are still rebelling against the Aldemeri Dominion. I figured this could be taking place while at the same time the Dragonborn is over in Skyrim tramping around in the snow having a good time shouting on top of mountains with his Greybeard brethren. It would give you more of a feel for the Great War, since it's still having effect on Hammerfell. The Civil War in Skyrim just seemed dull in my opinion, and would like something bigger.

Note: These options are just my personal views/dreams/wants/desires. You choose your own, and debate about it with others here, not pick which one of my own seems better.

Edited by Hatoncat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would like the next offering to be chronologically after TESV, so 4th era, it could even be very interesting to be look at Akivir, (Aldmeris would also be cool, but possibly rather bland given the homogeneity of the environment, i.e. its a giant city), or if within Tamriel, perhaps one of the regions bordering Skyrim (which would allow the possibility for readily extending the game world into the already mapped skyrim)...

I would REALLY like to see the Dwemer featured in an upcoming TES, perhaps with Lorkhan (at least an avatar of) at the helm; it would be very very cool.

I wouldn't really be impressed unless the whole of Tamriel was mapped, I wouldn't like a game based on a 'beast-race' continent because it would be like playing on an other world with cats or lizards.. Hammerfell is the only large continent left to do but i don't see the point because in 5-7 years new tech will be out, namely new consoles which could take more data so one continent wouldn't be enough and would be unflattering IMO.

- Anything unless its large to cover all the races.

Beth could easily add all the regions of Tamriel as expansions to Skyrim.

it would be great if the Dragonborn could travel around and end the threat of the Thalmor.

I really want to see the Thalmor issues resolved within the time frame of this instalment rather than getting TES VI and finding out that the Thalmor were defeated 47 years before the start of the game.

even though it will be scripted, I still want to feel as if my character(s) had something to do with these events and made a difference

I would love to see a game set in valenwood or blackmarsh, I´m tired of the normal enviroment of cyrodil and skyrim.I want bizarre things giant mushrooms and impossible creatures like in morrowind.Still hoping for a skyrim DLC set in a really different place.

I would love to see a game set in valenwood or blackmarsh, I´m tired of the normal enviroment of cyrodil and skyrim.I want bizarre things giant mushrooms and impossible creatures like in morrowind.Still hoping for a skyrim DLC set in a really different place.

I feel the same, im so tired of fantasy games revolving all the time arround damn humans...

Beth could easily add all the regions of Tamriel as expansions to Skyrim.

it would be great if the Dragonborn could travel around and end the threat of the Thalmor.

I really want to see the Thalmor issues resolved within the time frame of this instalment rather than getting TES VI and finding out that the Thalmor were defeated 47 years before the start of the game.

even though it will be scripted, I still want to feel as if my character(s) had something to do with these events and made a difference

I like the idea. But not as an expansion of Skyrim. Skyrim is perfect the way it is, and they also would not be able to add that much to the game. I think this idea would be better for next TES game. But it would have to have a few disks. All of Tamriel would be laggy as hell if it was on one disk. I would very much like to go to Hammerfell and join the Rebellion there. And since Bethesda always has you chained up at the start, the gameplay could begin with you being mixed in with the Rebellion, and improsined with them, and go from there.

It would be fun to have an entire story centered around the Thalmor. Although fighting them is a bit bland on Skyrim, I'm sure Bethesda whip something up.

And I don't see what is wrong with beast races. Morrowind had a bunch of Dark Elves I think, and it was pretty great. Skyrim is full of people, it's great. Cyrodill had a mix, and it was just amazing.

Also, I thought about it, and you could have a 2nd great war taking place in Cyrodiil, and save Kvatch once again. :P

I would very much like to see Kvatch brought back to life by Bethesda. The city looked like it would have been a nice place to settle down and have a family in. But instead I had to go and live in the sh*t-hole Bravil.

Edited by Hatoncat

Include all TES regions/races/factions:

Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Valenwood, Hammerfell, High Rock, and Summerset Isle

with travel transition loading as required so game engines (PC/console) can handle this.

Do direct ports of these old game worlds (warts and all) to be compatible with Skyrim's mesh but don't change anything else,

it would be fun, nostalgic and a modders dream lol.

Each quest to be lore centric for each location with all races/factions represented (too many to list).

Time travel/portal of somekind as necessary to include ancient civilizations/factions/guilds that are extinct in the present day (Dwemer, Ayleids..).

Main quest (saving the entire world) to tie everything together by completing the quests for each race/location,

with possibly the Gods/Divines, Daedra and/or Psijic Order watching/directing things from on high..

Edited by xlcr

Include all TES regions/races/factions:

Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Morrowind, Black Marsh, Elsweyr, Valenwood, Hammerfell, High Rock, and Summerset Isle

with travel transition loading as required so game engines (PC/console) can handle this.

Do direct ports of these old game worlds (warts and all) to be compatible with Skyrim's mesh but don't change anything else,

it would be fun, nostalgic and a modders dream lol.

Each quest to be lore centric for each location with all races/factions represented (too many to list).

Time travel/portal of somekind as necessary to include ancient civilizations/factions/guilds that are extinct in the present day (Dwemer, Ayleids..).

Main quest (saving the entire world) to tie everything together by completing the quests for each race/location,

with possibly the Gods/Divines, Daedra and/or Psijic Order watching/directing things from on high..

Ummm... This seems similar to what I posted above.

But I also don't see this happening soon. They still have to cover the other places in Tamriel like Hammerfell, the Summerset Isles, Valenwood, and Blackmarsh.

I don't really understand what you mean by Time Travel, as this is not exactly a game taking place in the future of man. >,> Could you go more in-depth with what you mean by "Time travel"?

Also, don't forget all of the past games took place in different eras of Skyrim, and could not let you go back to them. You're asking for the ultimate game to end all games. Not the next Elder Scrolls game. :P

As much as I too would love for this, it would seem like a bit much. I would rather have the locations split up. Maybe tossing Highrock and Hammerfell together for spice or something. But all of Tamriel is a bit much, and would kill me to have to explore it all in one game.