TES Future Debate.

Hatoncat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want co-op... not an mmo...

co-op=friends (you already have NPC followers, why not have one assisting you that isn't just AI?).

mmo=friends+stupid people+boring repeatable quests+lower graphics+sign-ins+sign-ups+monthly subscription...etc.

I just want co-op... not an mmo...

co-op=friends (you already have NPC followers, why not have one assisting you that isn't just AI?).

mmo=friends+stupid people+boring repeatable quests+lower graphics+sign-ins+sign-ups+monthly subscription...etc.

100% agreement

I think that it should be in both elsweyr and valenwood in the 5th era home of both khajiit and wood elves. You should have to unite the 2 nations and form a fighting force to fight off the attacking high elves or imperials trying to enslave you. You would start shipwrecked in between the 2 nations and you can choose which one to go into. Whichever one you choose, you have to help unite the other nation plus each country has bonuses to which you join. If you make your character a beast race or not so popular race you are treated better than a popular race. Also there is more content for archer/thief type character but there will still be a fair amount of content for the other types

I think that it should be in both elsweyr and valenwood in the 5th era home of both khajiit and wood elves. You should have to unite the 2 nations and form a fighting force to fight off the attacking high elves or imperials trying to enslave you. You would start shipwrecked in between the 2 nations and you can choose which one to go into. Whichever one you choose, you have to help unite the other nation plus each country has bonuses to which you join. If you make your character a beast race or not so popular race you are treated better than a popular race. Also there is more content for archer/thief type character but there will still be a fair amount of content for the other types

This make no sense. How could they create a decent game like this? Not everyone likes the archer/thief playstyle.

Also, the Aldermeri Dominion has a lot of Wood Elves that helped start it.

I like the idea of a game in the Summerset Isles. Elegant elven cities and distinct classes. :) -smiles just thinking about it- I want a character to just sit in the lap of luxury and have a more noble/high birth start -rather than a criminal every time.

I like the idea of a game in the Summerset Isles. Elegant elven cities and distinct classes. :) -smiles just thinking about it- I want a character to just sit in the lap of luxury and have a more noble/high birth start -rather than a criminal every time.

Yea, that would be cool. I would also like the ability in the next game - me playing on a console - to buy my own town. For example, I become some sort of "thane" in a city. And instead of being able to buy a home in the city, I get to go off and by my own property outside the city. The more popular I become, the more people start moving in around my home. Different crowds will come depending on what kind of deeds I have performed. For example, I complete the mages guild, more mages/scholars will be coming to my town. I complete the Thieves guild? More thieves/khajeit will start migrating around me. It would add more things to do in the game I guess. It would also make me feel like my deeds have impact on more than just the gaurds. I'm always curious how only they know that I'm a "sneak theif" or that I'm "lollygaggin".

Simply said, to release the next game to include ALL of Tamriel (let alone the entire world) is an endeavour that would be prohibitively time consuming and thus expensive; for this reason it is extremely unlikely.

However it is indeed possible to release a smaller region initially and then have subsequent releases (preferably purchased expansion packs rather than DLC) to incrementally expand the game region; this could potentially be facilitated by allowing modders to fill in much of the region themselves (and selecting the most lore friendly and high quality offerings as OFFICIAL where appropriate) thus diminishing the development time and cost for bethesda.

For this reason, I would prefer that one of the regions bordering Skyrim is selected for the next release, because the gaming area can readily be expanded to include the region which has already been mapped with an approach that incorporates such a high level of detail. It is also possible that environments from TESIV (and less likely TESIII) might be ported with an appropriate translation algorithm to also reduce development time while expanding the game area.

The entirety of Tamriel (and even the world) is possible - but is unlikely to occur as a single release. The cost to create such a thing would be too vast.

My personal preference would be to see the next game set in 4th era Argonia. Of all the provinces we've been told about, that one sounds like the most exotic and interesting.

My personal preference would be to see the next game set in 4th era Argonia. Of all the provinces we've been told about, that one sounds like the most exotic and interesting.

Of all the provinces we've been told about, that one seems like the most un-spoken of.*

I guess that does make it more exotic and interesting though. But Hammerfell, and Elsweyr would be cool too. They're just as exotic I think.