Crash when i go to winterhold or near

arkas90

Hi guys i need your help, i have installed some mods, but i didn't have any problems till today, when i want to go from riften to winterhold with the map.

the game crash and appear a windows problem "TESV" ha smesso di funzionare (TESV stop running). this also appear when i go near markath approaching the reachcliff cavern.

i tryed to uninstall mods, but also when i uninstall all the mods the problem resist...

some help?

sorry for my english, i'm italian

Edited by arkas90

This is strange and I'm having some similarities... For me, I'm having many CTDs in two specific areas (that I've found so far). One, is near Winterhold. Btw Winterhold and Dawnstar to be more exact. Trying to walk there causes a CTD. The other is in the Reach near Karthspire. I leave the Inn Old Hroldan and it CTDs on the way there as well. I've also uninstalled mods but haven't seen any difference. Someone help this poor guy out because chances are it might help me as well. I'll keep trying in the meantime

• 1 month later...
Have you tried to fast travel to these places? I've come across cell barriers that always CTD, but get fixed by fast traveling into the cell. I think it is because of currupt data, and I am also noticing that it started happening after the Skyrim 1.6 update.

If you are using Realistic Wildlife or SkyMo, you might try compltely uininstalling them and then see if the problem goes away. For me, the newer versions of these (the file sizes of there are pretty big now) were just too much, and I had to return to earlier versions. I think they may have started conflicting with each other, but earlier versions are working fine for me.

Also, all the ice in that area can push your Vcard's RAM up, so if you are using a lower end card, that might also be the problem. You can try lowering the reflectivity.

If you are using Realistic Wildlife or SkyMo, you might try compltely uininstalling them and then see if the problem goes away. For me, the newer versions of these (the file sizes of there are pretty big now) were just too much, and I had to return to earlier versions. I think they may have started conflicting with each other, but earlier versions are working fine for me.

Also, all the ice in that area can push your Vcard's RAM up, so if you are using a lower end card, that might also be the problem. You can try lowering the reflectivity.

lowering the riflectivity? and how?

Try forcing clear weather with the console to see if that avoids the crash. That was the only thing I could do. I have a GTX 690 and couldn't find anything mods to uninstall that helped.

~ for console

fw 10e1f2

ESC to exit console

That's the only thing I could do to help for me and I'd be curious to see if it matters to others.

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same problem. Game crashes whenever I go to Winterhold, whether on foot or through fast travel.

Try forcing clear weather with the console to see if that avoids the crash. That was the only thing I could do. I have a GTX 690 and couldn't find anything mods to uninstall that helped.

~ for console

fw 10e1f2

ESC to exit console

That's the only thing I could do to help for me and I'd be curious to see if it matters to others.

This didn't work for me :/

• 3 years later...

Wouldn't it just be great if there was a boffin out there that worked with all the mods etc. and created one listing that we could all d/load and put into the game that would automatically set the mods we each had into the correct sequence to help prevent crashes - I am so tired of crashing continually in game - I do a quick save every 20 or so steps - this is annoying and sometimes it crashes when I click on M for map or J for journal or I for inventory - not all the time but often enough to annoy the (beep) out of me - makes me want to play something else but I'm addicted to the game - Help! Pretty Please! :)