Modder to Developer - TheModernStoryteller

Pickysaurus

In response to post #61536547.

RopeSander wrote: "The Forgotten City", it was one of the first quest mods I used for Skyrim... I was really blown away and understood just how great a platform Skyrim provided for a modder. TheModernStoryteller, you truly are an inspiration to all those who arduously make the greatest mods out there. I've always explained to anyone who wasn't a gamer, when they ask... "What's so great about video games?" I always explain that for me it's like reading a good book that I can interact with, "The Forgotten City" was definitely grounds for a 'good book' and certainly hits it out of the park with it's original ingenuity.. I loved the way the time-traveling dynamic worked and the way the mod began, I actually didn't expect it, which isn't my average reaction to a mod, or any story for that matter.

Anyways, great job man. I will definitely be buying this game when it's all done.

Thank you! :-)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #61516547.

vronykah wrote: Great article/interview. I loved learning about this game and knowing the story behind the maker. Looking forward to its release!

Cryengine too new really in 2018 they are at cryengine3 for a long time now....
But i guess choosing an darn old engine makes it easier to work with.
Another big dev has/had a aussie office as well 2K from borderlands the sequel.
Nevertheless i read a lot of good comments about your mod, even though i never looked at it i wish you much succes in the game developer world

Loved the Forgotten City mod and will definitely look at this game at some point.

I am wondering how close to the mod this game will be since the mod is already part of my base mod pack when I do a playthrough of Skyrim.

Will people familiar with the mod be surprised or is this more or less the same as the mod?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good, even great at times story as is, but is this something people who've played Forgotten City through are going to have a "behind the scenes" type understanding of or one where the story is close but shifts off in ways those familiar will not expect?

Edited by shadedarcher001

In response to post #61612102.

shadedarcher001 wrote: Loved the Forgotten City mod and will definitely look at this game at some point.

I am wondering how close to the mod this game will be since the mod is already part of my base mod pack when I do a playthrough of Skyrim.

Will people familiar with the mod be surprised or is this more or less the same as the mod?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good, even great at times story as is, but is this something people who've played Forgotten City through are going to have a "behind the scenes" type understanding of or one where the story is close but shifts off in ways those familiar will not expect?

Good question. The game has been designed with players of the mod in mind, and retains the elements the community told us they loved, while improving every aspect and adding plenty of surprises: Walk the streets of a brand new city. Get to know new and re-imagined characters. Sink into original lore with fresh twists and endings. Enjoy added combat and wall-climbing mechanics, an all-new orchestral score, professional voice acting, and motion capture animations.
You have no idea what you're in for. :-)

In response to post #61612102. #61618102 is also a reply to the same post.

shadedarcher001 wrote: Loved the Forgotten City mod and will definitely look at this game at some point.

TheModernStoryteller wrote: Good question. The game has been designed with players of the mod in mind, and retains the elements the community told us they loved, while improving every aspect and adding plenty of surprises: Walk the streets of a brand new city. Get to know new and re-imagined characters. Sink into original lore with fresh twists and endings. Enjoy added combat and wall-climbing mechanics, an all-new orchestral score, professional voice acting, and motion capture animations.

Wait a minute! I heard an advertisement on the Radio at work for a podcast about a guy that was hit in the face then went to E3. THAT WAS YOU! Then to find out that you also make mods is like twice as awesome! Glad some Aussies are getting games out there, you don't hear much about games from down under.

I haven't actually got around to playing your mod yet (only started playing Skyrim this year and there's still so much in the base game to do). Would you recommend waiting for the steam version, or would it be beneficial to play the mod first, or does it not matter?

All the best going forward!

In response to post #61612102. #61618102, #61627442 are all replies on the same post.

TheModernStoryteller wrote: Good question. The game has been designed with players of the mod in mind, and retains the elements the community told us they loved, while improving every aspect and adding plenty of surprises: Walk the streets of a brand new city. Get to know new and re-imagined characters. Sink into original lore with fresh twists and endings. Enjoy added combat and wall-climbing mechanics, an all-new orchestral score, professional voice acting, and motion capture animations.
AMStriker wrote: Wait a minute! I heard an advertisement on the Radio at work for a podcast about a guy that was hit in the face then went to E3. THAT WAS YOU! Then to find out that you also make mods is like twice as awesome! Glad some Aussies are getting games out there, you don't hear much about games from down under.

I haven't actually got around to playing your mod yet (only started playing Skyrim this year and there's still so much in the base game to do). Would you recommend waiting for the steam version, or would it be beneficial to play the mod first, or does it not matter?

All the best going forward!

Sounds interesting.

I was going to get a copy for my cousin who doesn't play "modded to hell" Skyrim like I do, but who likes mystery centered games before myself, but I will definitely pick one up for myself as well sooner rather than later. Edited by shadedarcher001

Hi

:armscrossed:

This sounds great. I was captivated with The Forgotten City Mod. so much so, I played and played through it six times.

always finding another way to enjoy it.

I will be on your tail, with my cash. come release date and time. :thumbsup:

Edited by soulgamers