Ugly snow thingies

Ardel

There are problems with Dynamic snow in SSE so I refrain from using it. It's aesthetic anyway. However, I love the "thick snow" effect in which we are knee deep in snow in certain part. I just watched this "The mountain between us" movie in which 2 strangers find themselves crashlanded in a snow mountain with no rescue team to come. oh They have a dog with them. The dog seems happy as ever, jumping and running in snow up to his neck. Watching this movie, I kept thinking ... get fur armor, start camp fire, make a bow to shoot bunnies for food.... Why do you 2 worry about dying where Skyrim people literately live in this condition for years on end. For hunters, this is all they have (in reference to many hunters we meet in Skyrim). Ok, it is a good movie, but it is fun to bring Skyrim relevancy in.

Yeah its aesthetic. Do whatever you want. But if you were me, I would also download that foot print mod. I only complain the foot print effect not obvious enough. I used to like Fluffy snow, but I find the transition between the snow and other ground texture too jarring. So I went with a middle road with something else.

Oh I can't deny foot prints or Wet n Cold. I just meant vanilla as far as general environmental looks. What I tend to mod now is either vanilla-ish or "should have been vanilla" lol.

Aha, wet and cold. It’s so great and it just works without problem, I tend to forget about its existence.

What would make life more immersive is to edit the mesh and texture in Wet and cold so the foggy breath is a little more transparent, and the drippling water with smaller (and more transparent) droplets. As of now it kinda looks like a Disney cartoon droplet effect. And that snow covered effect, they just reuse the ice freeze effect. I want snow to stack on my shoulders and hat, not between my thighs and armpits.

I think I can do that, just gonna find time to look into it.

Aha, wet and cold. It’s so great and it just works without problem, I tend to forget about its existence.

What would make life more immersive is to edit the mesh and texture in Wet and cold so the foggy breath is a little more transparent, and the drippling water with smaller (and more transparent) droplets. As of now it kinda looks like a Disney cartoon droplet effect. And that snow covered effect, they just reuse the ice freeze effect. I want snow to stack on my shoulders and hat, not between my thighs and armpits.

I think I can do that, just gonna find time to look into it.

You should! Skyrim needs more visual mods and ideas. Some of these authors seem to finally be slowing down a bit :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

can you tell me what exactly you disabled? I tried disabling "snow shader" in the launcher and set bEnableImprovedSnow=0 and bToggleSparkles=0. Nothing has helped.

Thanks.

Same here, such s#*!

• 1 year later...