⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Weird CTD at High Hrothgar

Azurabane

• 2 years later...

The problem was fixed in the newest versions of Racemenu and XMPSE

Which versions were those? I have the latest versions which are RaceMenu Special Edition v0-4-16 and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended-1988-4-80 as of 01-14-2021. I was told that the newer versions of XMPSSE would cause the crash and to go back to v4.20. I had to upgrade from v4.20 because it would make all my characters look like zombies, their arms down at 45 degree angles and they would float around without moving anything. After I read that, I tried going back but they still become Zombies.

I tried versions 4.67, 4.72 and now 4.80 and they are working great for the animations, but I can't make it to the Greybeards. I am getting confused and would appreciate some help! Thanks!

NOTE: I think I found my problem. I had added and removed several mods, so I started a new game. I Crashed To Desktop right after leaving the cave at Helgen. I found an article online about another player who was having the same problem and gave his load order. Another browser mentioned something about there being a lot of speech at the beginning and that Relationship Dialogue Overhaul (RDO) may be related somehow. I had no other option so I uninstalled RDO and three of it's patches. I made it past that spot with no more problems. I was worried about seeing the Greybeards and kept saving my game every 30 seconds or so going up the mountain, until I was past the area where I had problems before. I am getting Jurgen Windcaller's Horn now, still without any more crashes. If this helps anyone else, you're welcome!