Hello new to the building PC world.

Hello my names rocky.been on here for a while,but i recently just got into the whole pc building thing I haven't brought any parts yet.I was wondering could anyone help me around the net with sites,parts and etc( I don't mean buying them I mean recommendations lol) Or give me the heads up on a build..I'm FAR from rich,,just looking for something afforable. the pc I have no is so old it has back up data of full house. ...well not that old...thanks tho.

http://www.newegg.com/

http://www.tigerdirect.com/

probably the two biggest sites if you wanna build your computer from scratch.

if you wanna build your own pc but want someone else to build it (ie you just pick out the parts)

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

http://www.ncix.com/

there is another exactly like that that i just cannot think of. but lets you do the same thing.

as far as parts youll need:

Motherboard

CPU

GPU

RAM

HDD

CD/DVD Drive

Case

Monitor

CD/DVD Drive and HDD, you can probably use from your existing PC, depending on how old they are. if they are IDE, id suggest upgrading those as well. Monitor is something you already have, again i dont know what you have and if youd wanna upgrade it or not. lastly, you could reuse your case if you want. again, something you may wanna upgrade, esp if you have something like an old white tower.

hope this helps a little. and if you have any more questions or anything, please ask :D

Well I have a ALL in one pc,,it just has 4g of ram and a pretty crappy graphic card I can play fallout tho with little problems..but I want a pc that I can play everything on.Thank you tho for the links..I need to start saving up.In your opinion what would be cheaper building it yourself or buying a gaming pc already built?

cheaper? definitely building it yourself. and despite what many think, its not hard to build a PC, even for a first timer. YouTube is your friend. there are plenty of videos explaining how to put them together. this one Here is a 2 hour video and does very well on showing how to put together a PC. Newegg also has a bunch of videos on putting together a PC, this one

is a 30 minute video, doesnt go in depth or anything, but does cover a few points and is nice to watch. they also have How To's. like
(3 part their newest how to),
(2 Part, but older)
and yet
video of him building something

hope these videos help put you at ease if you decide to do it yourself. they sure helped me :)

Edited by hoofhearted4

If you want a pc that can play most games you will have to build your own, High end pre-built systems are not worth the money.

When you build your own you can choose the case and motherboard because when you get annoyed by the case of your 2000$ that is a waste of money

If you want a pc that can play most games you will have to build your own, High end pre-built systems are not worth the money.

When you build your own you can choose the case and motherboard because when you get annoyed by the case of your 2000$ that is a waste of money

well he said he wasnt rich, so i dont think he would be building a high end $2000+ system. so if he were to spend even half of that, pre built systems are fine.

That is my point you can build a very good system for 700$ If you want to buy a prebuilt with a decent graphics card you will have to pay a lot more.

Especially here in the Netherlands in big stores they have PC's with good processors like a core i5 or i7 but they always have a very low end graphics-card, and the salesman says ''of course you can play games on this PC it has a 1gb graphics card''

oh yea for sure. youll pay more for a prebuilt system. some people though warrent tht extra cash because they dont have to build it themselves and are worried. hence i mentioned it.

cheaper? definitely building it yourself. and despite what many think, its not hard to build a PC, even for a first timer. YouTube is your friend. there are plenty of videos explaining how to put them together. this one Here is a 2 hour video and does very well on showing how to put together a PC. Newegg also has a bunch of videos on putting together a PC, this one

is a 30 minute video, doesnt go in depth or anything, but does cover a few points and is nice to watch. they also have How To's. like
(3 part their newest how to),
(2 Part, but older)
and yet
video of him building something

hope these videos help put you at ease if you decide to do it yourself. they sure helped me :)

THANKS! Hoof! I haven't checked this forum in a few days lol there really should be an notification for this,,,,and Yes I may just buy the parts one at a time start off with the case and then work my way down too the components. If I need help on good graphics cards or coolers ill be sure to hit you up..and I'm gonna watch the vid now.thanks once more,,,what is your rig setup btw?

Yeah I'm sure I'm gonna buy the first part for my pc tomorrow.