Hello new to the building PC world.

This might be too soon. Learn what you can before getting to the build.

I mean, it's not hard. It's no harder than an arbitrary high school subject. But you still have to spend some effort learning those.

Make sure you post your planned configuration here before you commit money to it.

This might be too soon. Learn what you can before getting to the build.

I mean, it's not hard. It's no harder than an arbitrary high school subject. But you still have to spend some effort learning those.

Make sure you post your planned configuration here before you commit money to it.

OK! good point buddy I mean I was gonna say you are wrong but you are absolutely right I didn't do any research at all. I just saw"the pretty case" and was like ooh that is nice but looks arn't eveything and I sure will man post em.

the worst thing you can do is buy pieces one at a time. if you do that, then there is no way to test the pieces. if you buy your motherboard at one time, but dont buy a CPU till a month later, and find out something is wrong with your mobo (or your GPU, or RAM or what have you) then your stuck, cause most parts have a 30 day RMA.

take your time. research, ask questions, read comments and reviews and comparisons and benchmarks. then when you think you have an idea, post here. we will tell you for better or worse. then eventually when you got what you want, then you purchase it all at once. then build it.

• 2 weeks later...

heres one i nearly made earlier upped the budget in the end wallet still hurts !

3.2ghz amd phenom ii x4 840 (new one includes cpu cooler ) yummie!!

asus m4a88t-m (am3 socket) MOBO cant rember if this supports xfire though its loaded with ports and does hybrid gpu combines onboard /external

4gb corsair vengeance 1600 mhz cl9 ddr3 RAM lively ddr3 and cheaper than ddr2 go figure

windows 7 home premium OS that or xp 64 bit not as shiney but has smaller footprint taxes resources less but fewer modern games (good ones)

500gb seagate barracuda 7200.12 HD the faster the rpms the better also data the above board only supports up to 3gbs but does have usb rev 3.0

Lg gh22ns50 optical drive does the job but no bells or whistles

amd hd radeon 5770 GPU amd is always great bang for your buck

antec one hundred CASE/STACK its a box and its black does the job ( a couple of molex chassis fans will be required )

430w corsair cx430 PSU ,its worth investing in a branded name here as you dont want somer cheap piece of tat cooking all the precious goodies

the above mobo features turbo v .....oooh its a factory addition which provides safe and stable over clocking at the click of your mouse cool huh

all this retails for less than £400 youd cry if i told you the trade price

oh and a static and dust free environment to build it in

and id suggest if running windows use microsoft mouse and keyboard i have never had any hassle with them third party gear can sometimes be aggro

Linux os is free but problematic with gaming given that most games are intended for the windows os, for a noobie id say take a look but swerve violently towards windows of one type or another (64 bit) lots of support and easier to live with

if theres one thing iv learned its that pcs dont have to be expensive to be fast they need to be carefully cherrypicked

then top it off with a sprinkling of good games ohh and some descent headphones too

OK guys I'm getting the PC together this is what I came by so far Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103996 CPU/Processor.

and for now the http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157280 Motherborad. Tell me what you think I haven't brought them yet tho.

Edited by rockygohard18

Ah a bully cpu not a bad choice at all brute force and ignorance over finesse always wins the fight the case is a good pick too plenty of fan mounts . The thermal environment is often overlooked and any case which creates an up draught is good as heat rises , if the psu sits on the bottom even better .that board looks to be loaded with goodies make sure whichever drive type you opt for that they/it can match the data transfer rate 6gbs otherwise all that speed is wasted . and anything more than 8gb of ram in a gaming rig is wasted money .good luck with your new baby and take the utmost care when installing the cpu bending the pins renders that chunk of silicon and platinum useless.

Whats with all these cheaper motherboards refusing to make the sata ports on a 90 degree angle? Does it really cost that much more to manufacture them that way or is it just incentive to buy the more expensive ones?

Rocky I would go for this case because it has a bit more open air in the center chamber. And a big opening in the front center for two 120mm fans. It only has one 120mm fan mount on the left sidepanel but this is OK because you probably don't plan on overclocking or using two videocards due to cost. Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

And heres a video card that is relatively cheap but work very nicely. May be too much, though let us know. GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150599

Whats with all these cheaper motherboards refusing to make the sata ports on a 90 degree angle?

It makes it easier to fit cables in smaller/cheaper cases where you don't often have room on the side. It also makes it easier to install the board with cables attached.

It's not very good. The only FX worth buying is FX8000 series, even then they're mostly good for video and audio processing.

Phenom II or any quad-core Socket FM1 CPU should be clearly better.

You should really just state your budget and we'll help you get the right config all at once. It's hard to pick otherwise.

Ah a bully cpu not a bad choice at all brute force and ignorance over finesse always wins the fight the case is a good pick too plenty of fan mounts . The thermal environment is often overlooked and any case which creates an up draught is good as heat rises , if the psu sits on the bottom even better .that board looks to be loaded with goodies make sure whichever drive type you opt for that they/it can match the data transfer rate 6gbs otherwise all that speed is wasted . and anything more than 8gb of ram in a gaming rig is wasted money .good luck with your new baby and take the utmost care when installing the cpu bending the pins renders that chunk of silicon and platinum useless.

LOL I didn't buy it yet davy I had to edit my last post But Yes I'm sure I would go with the case its pretty nice over alll.I'm not sure what you said in your post tho it was wayy over my head bro lol sounds like you know what you doing..but My room is VERY well ventilated so I really wouldn't have to worry about that(as far as I know) more insight would be appreciated if you recommend me some more parts.

Whats with all these cheaper motherboards refusing to make the sata ports on a 90 degree angle? Does it really cost that much more to manufacture them that way or is it just incentive to buy the more expensive ones?

Rocky I would go for this case because it has a bit more open air in the center chamber. And a big opening in the front center for two 120mm fans. It only has one 120mm fan mount on the left sidepanel but this is OK because you probably don't plan on overclocking or using two videocards due to cost. Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

And heres a video card that is relatively cheap but work very nicely. May be too much, though let us know. GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150599

WOW thanks dan I really over looked both of those naa I can afford both of them.But WHats so special about them if you care to explain? also What exactly is overclocking?