Discerning the Transmundane Bug

CaptainRC

I seem to have a rare bug for the Discerning the Transmundane quest. After returning the Runed Lexicon back to Septimus, he immediately read it and gave me the Essence Extractor to get blood from elves, rather than sending me away to wait until he deciphered it. The reason for that is most likely because I was already past Level 15. Now, that's not the problem. The problem is when I get to an elf bandit and kill him, the option to "Harvest Blood" doesn't come up when I search him. It's worked before, but doesn't now. I've Googled this bug, and it seems that only a few have had it, but it has happened to others. Is there a fix for this? Edited by CaptainRC

same happened to me.

I used the console to advance through the quest

player.setstage DA04 41 through to player.setstage DA04 45 then went back to Septimus and the quest continued as normal

I figured that I had killed plenty of elves throughout the game to collect the blood if the game was working properly

I seem to have a rare bug for the Discerning the Transmundane quest. After returning the Runed Lexicon back to Septimus, he immediately read it and gave me the Essence Extractor to get blood from elves, rather than sending me away to wait until he deciphered it. The reason for that is most likely because I was already past Level 15. Now, that's not the problem. The problem is when I get to an elf bandit and kill him, the option to "Harvest Blood" doesn't come up when I search him. It's worked before, but doesn't now. I've Googled this bug, and it seems that only a few have had it, but it has happened to others. Is there a fix for this?

I wonder how difficult it is to miss a topic with an all caps title " !!!DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS SECTION!!!!" in the General Skyrim Discussion forum.

This time I moved the topic to the correct forum. Next time you ignore the warning, your topic will be removed and your account too.

-LM

I seem to have a rare bug for the Discerning the Transmundane quest. After returning the Runed Lexicon back to Septimus, he immediately read it and gave me the Essence Extractor to get blood from elves, rather than sending me away to wait until he deciphered it. The reason for that is most likely because I was already past Level 15. Now, that's not the problem. The problem is when I get to an elf bandit and kill him, the option to "Harvest Blood" doesn't come up when I search him. It's worked before, but doesn't now. I've Googled this bug, and it seems that only a few have had it, but it has happened to others. Is there a fix for this?

I wonder how difficult it is to miss a topic with an all caps title " !!!DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS SECTION!!!!" in the General Skyrim Discussion forum.

This time I moved the topic to the correct forum. Next time you ignore the warning, your topic will be removed and your account too.

-LM

Sorry. Sheesh! I'm only human and make mistakes.

Was there a Vampire Dust in his inventory? You can't harvest the blood of elven vampires.

I usually get this quest rather late (after level 20), then simply carry the Extractor and harvest the blood each time I loot some poor guy's corpse. Sometimes I can't even see their faces, so when I see the "Harvest blood" option, I think "oh, that guy was an elf?"

Have you tried to harvest the blood of another elf of the same race (another Bosmer if he was a Bosmer, for example)?

Was there a Vampire Dust in his inventory? You can't harvest the blood of elven vampires.

I usually get this quest rather late (after level 20), then simply carry the Extractor and harvest the blood each time I loot some poor guy's corpse. Sometimes I can't even see their faces, so when I see the "Harvest blood" option, I think "oh, that guy was an elf?"

Have you tried to harvest the blood of another elf of the same race (another Bosmer if he was a Bosmer, for example)?

No, there wasn't. And I tried that. No dice.

Then I'm sorry to admit, but it seems you have no other choice but to follow the mighty zog's advice:

same happened to me.

I used the console to advance through the quest

player.setstage DA04 41 through to player.setstage DA04 45 then went back to Septimus and the quest continued as normal

Edited by landy8