4gb patch broken?

cethien

so a while ago i had some issues due modding and broken savegame (also using outdated mods) and thought of reinstalling the game and all.

Uninstalled NV Completly

Uninstalled MO Completely

checked all mods i have on drive (yes, i'm saving them for when they may ged shut down or i have to reinstall when offline) and deleted outdated and unnecesary mods

reinstalled all, rearanged.

well, after 10 minutes playin, game crashes "modded wrong"

playin lightly modded. then only textures, on lower settings

after month of laziness, i attempted to redownload and try again.

well, i started the game through steam, only thing installed was the 4gb patcher (yeah, the new one, not the outdated one)

i have nothing else, game was on same pc fine for years and it crashed with literally nothing on it after coming down from the grave in goodsprings.

is the 4GB Patcher broken in any way?

no JIP, No Yup, Nothing else, just 4gb and steam

oh, i unistalled through Geek, so no pathings should be there

pls i wanna play :(

No, the 4GB Patcher is not broken. Please see the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. In particular, sounds like you are having the problem with Win10 and NVSR (third bullet point).

Recommend you read that entire article. You do need some "essentials" mods listed there.

In future, please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious-

• 1 year later...

No, the 4GB Patcher is not broken. Please see the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. In particular, sounds like you are having the problem with Win10 and NVSR (third bullet point).

Recommend you read that entire article. You do need some "essentials" mods listed there.

In future, please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious

This is not true nor is it proper help. I mean, really?

"Hey, this mod is broken."

"Okay just download some more mods."

-Dubious

This is not true nor is it proper help. I mean, really?

"Hey, this mod is broken."

"Okay just download some more mods."

You NECROED a two year old thread to argue with the last poster?

SERIOUSLY?

The 4gb patch, is not a "Mod", it's a program that patches older Bethesda exe files to be able to handle 4gb or more of memory

So, it's not even a "Mod", but of course you KNEW that right?

The 4gb patch works fine, and all Dubious was doing was instructing the person on how to post a proper bug report.

But thanks for getting so incensed about their post that you felt it worthwhile to respond to it TWO YEARS later.