Site updates and content filtering

Dark0ne

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@anaxanamoon, I was thinking the same thing. When uploading a mod, have like a 2-tag required minimum from the author.That would eliminate any more untagged mods. Besides, how could you upload anything that doesn't fit into ANY of the tag categories?

I agree that a 'lore friendly' tag doesn't make a lot of sense. A lot of things can be said to be not entirely lore friendly ('this settlement/faction/material doesn't exist in Skyrim lore!') without being blatantly out of place or contradictory to the lore ('this mod adds anime stuff/modern clothing/guns/Michael Jackson').

Whether something is actually lore friendly is something you can argue about. Should all mods that are not blatantly 'non lore friendly' be tagged with lore friendly? That means a huge amount of mods will need that tag, which seems a bit pointless. It also sort of implies that any mod that isn't properly tagged with 'lore friendly' is not lore friendly.

People might also have doubts if something is actually lore friendly and just skip the tag if they are not sure. Whereas stuff that is blatantly not lore friendly is easier to identify.

Filtering out lore-friendly content also doesn't make much sense. Who would do that? Better to have just a non-lore friendly tag I think, and no 'lore friendly' tag at all. Then if people want only lore friendly stuff, they can just block the 'non lore friendly' tag. Everything else is then automatically lore friendly. If they want to see what non lore friendly stuff is out there, they can do a tag search for 'non lore friendly'.

At the very least, if you believe that having a lore-friendly tag is a good idea after all, there should be a non-lore friendly tag along with it.

Edited by Povuholo

Thank you for the non-stop efforts to improve the Nexus.

Is this going to address the way that tagging is currently broken?

I've tried to add tags to mods, but about half the time this is what gets displayed: "The uploader of this file has already agreed or disagreed with this tag. You cannot vote for or against it any more"

So, currently, when a tag is not correct, there is no way to vote to correct it. Is this changed in the new code?

Edited by CalenEllefson

I don't think I'm missing anything, but it seems we can't filter based on the Related to Female tag.

It'd also be nice to see new Companion tags, for male and female companions, and for mods that only change GameSettings values.

Edited by Gribbleshnibit8

This is awesome!

I just tried this and it works like a charm, those files I didn't want to see are totally gone, just like that!

Great work on a neat feature! Can't wait to see it on SkyrimNexus! :D

This is good feature!

But if I hide anime - half of the mods will be hidden!

And if I hide anime, skimpy outfits, nudity, unbalanced content and no lore-friendly mods - the site will be empty...