Site updates and content filtering

Dark0ne

@colourwheel. Your sited definition hurts you more than it helps. The phraseology of the definition denotes an authority or service acting based on regulations and/or rules, not an individual based on preference. Just like me going and snooping around a restaurant wouldn't be an official health inspection, me using this feature to avoid seeing mods I don't want to is not the same as me "officially" reading and suppressing content. But I am curious why you are so determined to give this a negative spin. I somehow doubt it is for the user's sake. Them potentially missing something is a price they are obviously willing to pay if they use the feature. All things being equal, most anyone would just say "oh well, their loss." But then, all things are never equal. Having found that you have an affinity for using the word "sexy" in your mods and producing mods with skimpy armor or clothes (two of the biggest disliked "tags" according to the above info), I can't help but wonder if that may be a contributing factor. Edited by Nuvendile

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I can filter out all those non-English translations. thanks

but these is one thing many people would like however, extending the tag functionality to the "Latest Files" view (fourth category under "files"). will it be possible in the near future?

And note most of my statements concerning things like rights were directed at the connotative meaning of the word. Censhorship is a strong connotative word with a negative weight. It is commonly associated with rights violations, supression, and abuse of power. That is also why I say you seem to be trying to give this feature a negative spin: your language contains strong negative connotation.

@Nuvendile

I don't understand why you think i am trying to negatively spin the word cencorship for.

I didn't want to argue with you.

I was only trying to point out the truth....

The truth is anyone who uses this feature will be missing out on files that are released that just happen to have one tag they have decided to block that they might have been interested in regaurdless of the tag.

I honestly don't care if you wish to block anything i contribute.

But It's easier for me to see you have nothing to block. because you haven't yet contributed any files to the community.

Colourwheel, tag filtering is not censorship.

I get your irritation with the complaints people have about the kinds of mods you (and for that matter, I) put out, but this is not "censorship" in any reasonable sense. It is an entirely optional way of filtering results.

Now, if Dark0ne were to make it so all non-lore friendly, sexy, "anime" and such mods were by default filtered out (above and beyond the existing mature content filter), then that would be censorship. But this? No way. And in fact if tagging takes off and is done thoroughly, it will be a great boon to searching for mods. Of course, that is a huge if.

And if people miss out on great mods that they may love? Well, thats their problem, isn't it? I'm not going to expend my limited amount of time on people too closed minded to be able to handle the existence of things they don't like.

@colourwheel. No, I have not yet contributed files to the community. I am working on a team project presently.

It wasn't that I necessarily wanted to argue with you, I just didn't want this feature being labeled as negative. It is all to common a practice in the present society to falsely cast something in a negative light due to personal motives in order to convince others to take a similar stance based solely on that negative spin. I can see that was not your intention, so I do apologize if I upset you. It is a bit of a pet peve of mine (mainly because no one ever calls it out).

@Nuvendile

I am sorry to have thought you were targetting me. But at 1st it seemed like you jumped at me.

I appologize for acting the way i did and my last comment was uncalled for.

@Nephenee13

it is cencorship. It's not negative in any way though. By officially examining and suppressing unacceptable parts. you are the offical or authority that is doing so. I don't see why people put so much claim on words as being nagative.

It's like the word "sexy" who is to say "sexy" is so wrong or negative?

I can understand people will think more about the association of words more than their actual meaning but i wasn't trying to put any negative claim to anything.

edit: also i agree with you Nephenee. I would rather people who are narrow minded stay away from my mods too. lol

Edited by colourwheel

Should we be able to/can we report a file for abuse of the tag system?

It's an abuse, nonetheless. There's a tagging system for a reason. And to be honest, it's not like we're being forced to use it.

You can definitely report files that have every single tag confirmed, it's a blatant abuse of the system. They're also stupidly gimping themselves with this filtering system as well.

As for not being able to tag files because an author has denied the option, I'll have a think on it.