Site updates and content filtering

Dark0ne

A quick comments and a request.

For everyone complaining about censorship, I am a bit confused. We censor ourselves everyday. I do not watch slasher flicks because I don't enjoy them. I don't read romance because it doesn't interest me. I don't download skimpy armors because I don't want to.

Claiming that tag exclusions in the searches is the same as censorship means that classifying books in the bookstore into categories is also censorship. I don't have to look through the romance section to find mysteries. That isn't censorship it is efficient organization and classification. Nuff Said.

With that out of the way, could we get a "quest" tag? Also a Tag for each DLC to identify required DLC?

Thanks for all the hard work

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we either separate the NWN1 and NWN2 sites (best... could be useful scripts from NWN1 but don't want to look at NWN1 screenshots or models) or create a filter so one can block NWN1 from the top 10 and what have you?

Language tags are a bit to discriminative of mods. For example if a mod is created and uploaded as a multi-language mod and tagged accordingly, by blocking any other language tag other than English, the mod is blocked even though the English version is it's primary version.

Example: Lamps of Oblivion http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/7614

Maybe this could be corrected by separating language tags as "primary language" and "translation language" types?

I just came across a bug with the tag blocking. I was going to go into a category and sort by endorsements to clean up those without tags, as I tend to DL the more endorsed mods.

So I blocked all tags. When I went to categories there were no files viewable in any category. All files were filtered. Shouldn't I have been able to see all the files without tags?

Thoughts?

I like the sound of the new changes but have a few hiccups on the Oblivion Nexus ..

Username and passwords are once again lost, I guess this is just a case of getting my browser to allow something else which differs from the last time we lost username and passwords on the previous site changes .. Is it a url change that caused this ?

Again on Oblivion Nexus - All files I had previously disabled the "Download With Mod Manager" button (because it would be pointless and frustrating for users trying to install those files with NMM, like pdf's, Wrye Bash ini tweaks and BAINs) .. Have once again been enabled (just went round and disabled them again)

And lastly, hopefully the skyrim Nexus change will look a bit better than this ...

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/060112/thumb_8619188Capture.JPG

Link in my sig

Edited by Guest

I like the sound of the new changes but have a few hiccups on the Oblivion Nexus ..

Username and passwords are once again lost, I guess this is just a case of getting my browser to allow something else which differs from the last time we lost username and passwords on the previous site changes .. Is it a url change that caused this ?

Again on Oblivion Nexus - All files I had previously disabled the "Download With Mod Manager" button (because it would be pointless and frustrating for users trying to install those files with NMM, like pdf's, Wrye Bash ini tweaks and BAINs) .. Have once again been enabled (just went round and disabled them again)

I asked about Oblivion/Skyrim Nexus not being 'in sync' with the other sites re. password/login -- don't remember which thread -- and Dark0ne replied that those two sites have not been updated to the new code yet. But they are working hard on it.

I asked about Oblivion/Skyrim Nexus not being 'in sync' with the other sites re. password/login -- don't remember which thread -- and Dark0ne replied that those two sites have not been updated to the new code yet. But they are working hard on it.

Hi Hickory, I think the username password problem is just a case of me finding out how to get the username auto-recognised for the site, once I enter my username, then hit tab, the browser associates and fills in the password correctly now which is stored in chromes passwords .. I think I probably have a wildcard character out of place somewhere or just need to edit a url associated with a per-session allowed cookie - Something daft, will figure it out eventually. :)

Edit: I think Dark0ne just did a quick fix on the Oblivion Nexus layout problem in my screenshot, he popped in and now its back to normal.

Edited by Guest