Bullying

saadus

I think at this point we all can agree bullying is bad. However, there are different ways of dealing with the problem. How would you deal with the problem? I am looking to how you would personally take care of the problem of bullying.

Personally, I insulted back and when he threw the first punch, I mopped the floors with him - literally. :biggrin:

Edited to clear up purpose

Edited by saadus

@Saadus

I am not sure if you are looking for an opinion, approval or advice. Though I was not bullied much at all, I have interceded for others that were, and in my experience most bullies are cowards who need an audience to reinforce their actions with approval or negligence. I just have stood up to bullies and offered them the choice to back down and walk away or suffer the consequences. It takes little courage to pick on the weak or the defenseless and by and large it's a quality they do not possess. Just my two cents.

I went out of my way to make bullies feel shallow, when i was in school. I got in fights with bullies in school, i didn't like the idea of bullies. All the "nerds" and "outsiders" were my friends. Eventually, we got to the party age, and the bullyin went away. Probably because the bads one, ended up going to juvenile detention centers for acting out, and the ones that were growing up, realized that everybody had something to contribute.

What i realized, from bullies in school, is they are probably going to be in prison, if they dont change there ways. And the ones that are not, didnt get much bigger, while i did, and i could easily crush em like a worm. Towards the end of my school years, I remember three bullies i fought with became my good friends. Why i don't know, probably because i was taught during a time,that if someone punches you, you punchin em back, was okay.

Edited by tamujiin

I just shut down. Nobody had my back, so I couldn't do much, if anything. I was blamed for it if I spoke up, told I have to be "normal" or nobody would ever treat me like a person. Well, now I'm a mess of broken nerves, and I'm ever so thankful to the powers that be for enabling those who tormented me the way a fledgling monster torments a stray cat. :rolleyes:

Now, though, I say something back. It's effective sometimes. However, sometimes it also makes people go all out in being cruel, hateful and treating me like a lesser being.

My suggestion for you, BlackBaron2 and for other adults being bullied or mistreated for being different is of course to remember that you are NOT a lesser being. No one on this earth is a lesser being than anyone else.

But, in addition just try to visualize the bullier in the most ridiculous pose you can imagine. I seem to remember that you are a modder, so you probably have a vivid imagination. See him/her for what a true imbecile he is and strut your bad a** magestically off...:laugh: :dance:

Depends on what kind of bully we're talking about.

If we're talking of the person that likes to just fling insults kind of bully, then you need to confront him and put him in his place. And if you have the stones for that chances are you're not the one being bullied. In my experience, these kinds of people don't mess with people they don't think will just take whatever they fling.

If we're talking the physical, overly agressive bully, then you simply need to put him in his place. Dealing with this kind of bully is pretty much like taming an animal.

If we're talking of the psycho bully that suffocates cats kind of bully, then you need to get this person out of the general public and into a mental hospital or something. This is really only time it'd ever really be acceptable to deal with the bully by going to authorities and such, especially as kid or a teenager.

I went out of my way to make bullies feel shallow, when i was in school. I got in fights with bullies in school, i didn't like the idea of bullies. All the "nerds" and "outsiders" were my friends.

So, in a way, you were actively (and knowingly) participating in a form of bullying.

Not that they didn't get what they deserved, it just seems that "an eye for an eye" is not the right thing to to in a situation like that.

As for being bullied... I've taken martial arts since I was 8 years old, which helped me practice self-discipline. If someone was making fun of me (or "verbal bullying"), I would sit there for a minute, analyze what they said, and either respond as if it were a normal conversation, or just looked at them until they went away.

In high school, a prominent bully from middle school came up to me one day, and I was expecting a long drawn-out stare-down, but he actually walked up to me and apologized for being a jerk all those years ago.

I always find it really odd to see someone you know visibly mature over the years. It's nice, but odd, nonetheless.

Good grief... I feel old. :ohdear:

Reason for edit: Grammatical error fixed

Edited by IndorilTheGreat