We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Castle Volkihar too dark

tomomi1922

Lighting is part of what makes Skyrim and ENB look so amazing. That said, the only lighting scheme in castle Volkihar is "darkness". There are only 2 places that look good: the hall way right after the castle entrance, simulating day light, and that blood fountain where Hakkor first trained the player, also simulating day light. But even in the main dining room, the big chandelier on top seems to be so weak.

I know I can simply tweak up the brightness in ENB. But if I do that, I have to tweak ENB every time I go elsewhere because Interior tweaking would make other interiors too bright. I think Dawnguard castle is somewhat in the same boat, but less annoying.

I use Enhanced Lighting and FX but it doesn't seem to help (although not making it darker either, I tested). Now, I only wish I knew where in TES5Edit to maybe just adjust the brightness of certain light sources.

I gues you could do it that way. But, you would stiil need to know the reference ID for the particular light source you wanted to edit. Easier to load up the ESMs in the CK and just make an plugin that does it. Or, edit the ELFX plugin I guess. But yeah, probably easier just to do this one in the CK.

I gues you could do it that way. But, you would stiil need to know the reference ID for the particular light source you wanted to edit. Easier to load up the ESMs in the CK and just make an plugin that does it. Or, edit the ELFX plugin I guess. But yeah, probably easier just to do this one in the CK.

Still learning the CK, I have been following tutorial video but it seems some of the videos are old and not matching up with current CK. And CK isn't working as well for me (at least too slow and CTD often).

Do you have experience with modding light sources that you can tell which one they are in TES5Edit?

Edited by tomomi1922

Open your CreationKit.ini and edit...

This..

[MESSAGES]

bSkipInitializationFlows=1
bAllowYesToAll=1
iFileLogging=0
bAllowFileWrite=1

To This..

[MESSAGES]
bSkipInitializationFlows=1
bAllowYesToAll=1
iFileLogging=0
bAllowFileWrite=1
bBlockMessageBoxes=1

This way you don't have to sit there and click yes to all for a half hour.