Bash Patch outfit confusion / overwtiting conflicts

Jyotai

EDIT: I think this topic actually belongs in the "Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit and Modders " forum. How do I move it?

Two questions here.

The first might be a non-issue.

I have a mod that changes guard helmets. I make a bash patch, and it pulls in levellists from here and there, I open it in SSEEdit and examine a guard, and see 2 helmets have been assigned. The one from the mod, "Open Face Guard Helmets.esp", and then it put the one from skyrim.esm

When I cloned a guard to me to look, he's got the open faced one on... so do I not have an issue here?

Since BOTH helmets show up in the Bashed Patched, 0.esp... How does the game know which one to wear?

- do I need to resolve this to avoid a potential CTD later on?

Second issue:

I have a homemade mod that removes a piece of armor from a guard outfit.

I have 'Cutting Room Floor' that removes the same piece, and then adds in a new CRFheavyarmor level-list...

I tried opening both mods up in Creationn Kit, setting my mod as the active file, and then editing that level list to have what I had given that guard outfit...

- But my Bash Patch chooses the version from Cutting Room Floor even though I have my mod listed last in load order...

I try deleting that level list, my bash patch puts it back in...

I try removing all uses of that level list, my bash patch puts it back in.

I try both changing the level list, AND removing uses of it... and my bash patch puts it back in and uses the version from Cutting Room Floor...

- In the end I edited Cutting Room Floor and changed it there... but now I am modding a mod I downloaded, and risking losing that change if I ever update that mod...

- and more important... I risk knowing that I made this change, and knowing WHERE I made it...

How do I get my bash patch to favor my mod, and to use my mod's version of a leveled list that was added in another mod?

I put in 'Invent, Delev, and Relev' tags into my mod when making the bash patch in Wyre Bash...

My own mod was the last mod to load right before the bash patch, but in the present copy as I removed the leveled list item from it, it gets merged into the bash patch.

Basically I want my own custom mod... and in that mod I want to know how to be able to overwrite any changes to inventory or outfit that I find in any mods 'up the chain' from that mod... a final 'my edits' mod that I can toggle on or off to have a game that is 'my way' or 'as the modders intended'...

(and which serves as an easy record of my own tweaks... so that if I need to undo something, I know where to find what I did...)

Edited by Jyotai