SWTOR Remains Dreadful Indeed

GrindedStone

I love it. I'm normally a Star Wars cynic and hater, but TOR is one of those games that can turn a hater into a fanboy. It feels... different to other MMOS, the grind just isn't there, since quests pretty much negate any need for it. The pacing is excellent, since each region lasts a few hours before you move on. The server I play on is absolutely jam-packed, with ques on weekends. My guild has 499 people in it, usualy as many as a hundred online at once, and I've never not been able to get a group, usually within under five minutes.

What concerns me more however is the balatantly false information in the OP. I would conjecture he played on an empty server. Generally TOR servers are either totally empty, or teeming with life, and it's clear and obvious which ones are which, since the livelly ones have a huge orange HIGH next to them on the server list. With free character transfers, he could have simply flipped over to Fatman and enjoyed the game, which would have fixed almost all his complaints.

hey what do you gotta do to switch a character into a different server? i went intot he server my friend was in hoping hed play with me as i said, but if i was in another server, that would deff destroy any griefs i have with SWTOR!!?

There was a period in which you could transfer characters from one server to another for free, this is now over. You can apply for a transfer presumably from Account Management.

Grinded-seems like you picked the wrong server mate. Come to Dalborra, it's got a "local pub" atmosphere, wall to wall players, and seemingly, a sense of humor.

Edited by Vindekarr

Vindekarr, at your suggestion, i might create a toon on Dalborra. are you Light or Dark and what class are you? and what level(s)?

ill make it in the morning as im tired. although Asia Pacific is no where near me, as im East Coast US :P

ugh dont wanna start over, but im hoping that having actual people to group with and whatnot will make the boring grind fest a little more fun.

Edited by hoofhearted4

Hoof-I'm on the republic side, in a massive superguild called Millenium. My toons are a variety of classes, most in their late 20s. I've played all the republic classes to 25, currently my mains are a Gunnery Commando and a Seer Sage. If you're going to join though, you better hurry up, because Millenium's planning on ceasing recruitment sometime very soon, presumably with a new sister guild to follow.(guilds are limited to 500 people, we're rapidly approaching that cap)

Grinded-I think you should really give it another go with more relaxede expectations, because you seem to have gone in expecting the impossible. Never judge a game by early bad experiences, patches can fix anything, unless it's Diablo 3.

Edited by Vindekarr

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/grindedstone/aaa%20New/swtor2012-05-1022-31-15-24.jpg

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/grindedstone/aaa%20New/swtor2012-05-1605-49-26-80.jpg

I played on SWG & MXO at Sony Online for years. Then EVE an Guild Wars as well. We fixed the main problem here at Nexus not SWTOR's forum because they strictly blanket remove unconstructive, duplicate topics, an most negitive posts. What I learned here is pretty much the lower 25 servers are filled with social rejects which ruins the game.

However there still remains the matters of clipping armor, fugly graphics, fake space, instanced worlds, only 4-5 things you can do, visual glitches, forum censorship, horible chat box, bound items, loot need & greed fights, huge empty spaces, scaled maps to make it seem big, forced to grind lame side quests to finish the main quest, anoying fast travel, the same voices in race & players in classes, poor character creation art, pay for inventory, limited guild size, and dumbed down crafting. Then there is still all the things I haven't seen that the level 50's and heavy users complain about for me to look forward to.

Edited by GrindedStone

Go complain the the creators of the game. This is just unnecessary ranting and whining.

Buddah

>LOCKED<