need help with coding MCM for SSE

3aq

I've come far enough where I am confident enough to code up a basic MCM.. however embarassingly enough, I've encountered a technical obstacle.

Before I get started, heres the thing I am using.

- I execute everything through MO2..

- I have SkyUI SDK copied into both Skyrim path and MO2 overwrite path

- I then extracted the SkyUI for SSE and copied over the latest scripts once more in those two paths above.

- I execute SSE CK with only SkyUI installed/load order, besides that everything is vanilla

And to better elaborate myself: I am following the Darkfox's wonderfully made tutorial for MCM, specifically this one (see spoiler)

the furthest I was able to go was up to was up to 2 min and 4 sec into the clip. where he saved the script..

Unfortunately for me I keep coming up with a compilation error where it was not able to locate the Sky_ConfigBase. I'm stumped.. It's strange, I was able to get papyrus to compile just fine with Notepad++.. just what gives?

Appreciate any thoughtful advice, many thanks in advance.

Oh you didn't get the SkyUI SDK source codes, download this.

https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki

take the time to read it too, that way you won't need YouTube.

Edit

Weirdly. You don't need to don't have SkyUI installed to make a MCM menu.

So delete what you unpacked! Reinstall BSA Version Then install the SkyUI SDK.

or just have SDK installed to make a MCM.

Never unpack the SkyUI BSA file. As PeterMartyr said, you need the SkyUI SDK to make MCM menus. If you try to compile against the actual SkyUI scripts from the BSA it will cause problems as you discovered the hard way.

Alright, I've just extracted the SDK and overwritten both the path to Skyrim and MO2 overwrite, but it CK seems to have trouble locating it.. whatever I do, the CK keeps throwing up ".. unable to locate SKI_ConfigBase".

I think for the time being I'll have to put this MCM side project on hold... or figure out a way to do MCM through Notepad++ instead of CK. -- is that possible?

SSE has a different source folder than SLE, personally I use a creation kit custom ini file adjustment to make it the same has LE.

No matter which way you go, LE scripts transfered into SE source, or SE codes in a LE style set up, you will be required to maintain it.

CreationKitCustom.ini
[General]
bAllowMultipleEditors=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

[AUDIO]
;*	This makes it crash or freeze on closing
;bEnableAudio=0 

[MESSAGES]
;*	you need to careful with this enabled
;*	I like my warning so don't use it.
;bBlockMessageBoxes=0

[Papyrus]
;*	Some convenient options
;sPerforceWorkspace=
;sPerforceUsername=
sDLCPrefix=Poup
sScriptSourceFolder="Data\Scripts\Source" 

What you need is last bit.

sScriptSourceFolder="Data\Scripts\Source" 

Confused yet??

Thank you very much the two of you. And to you Peter, not confused any more, that last part was the magic bullet. =)