Squealing/Whistling Sound

solaries275

Ok so after about 5 or so minutes of playing Skyrim I get this squealing/whistling sound. It only happens when I play Skyrim. I have tried updating my drivers and changing my sound config. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Someone even told me to try unplugging my mouse. That did't help either. The porblem seemed to start after I went from Win Vista 32 to Win 7 64.

Here are my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+

RAM 4 GB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 545

Its from the sound in game. No I would be totally freakin out if it were in the computer. This is just an announce coming from my speakers. So far the only thing I have found that helps, is to have music playing in the background. It seems to make the squealing go away shortly after it starts.

So far on this issue I have reinstalled my sound driver. Rolled back my sound driver. I have a new set of speakers and I have made all kinds of different settings adjustments to my sound. SO far nothing seems to have stopped this issue. I have also had it happen on other games. So its not an exclusive problem with Skyrim.

Is the volume for the speakers at max and the computer or game volume turned down? Adjust the computer sound to max and regulate sound through the speaker volume controls.

Is everything plugged in to the same outlet (powerbar) that runs the computer as well as additional items (light, printer, whatever)? Try plugging speakers to a separate outlet.

Is there something else in a USB? Turn off all USBs except those you are using (mouse). Everything else like printers or memory sticks or whatever, unplug and turn the USB 'OFF".

Is there a microphone near the speakers?

Move them far as possible from the monitor. Try them in another device to see if the squealing stops.

Reinstall the mouse driver. Is it an wireless mouse? - move the speakers away from the mouse.

Is the speakers into a video card or into a separate card or into the motherboard?

Laptop or desktop?

Is the volume for the speakers at max and the computer or game volume turned down? Adjust the computer sound to max and regulate sound through the speaker volume controls.

Is everything plugged in to the same outlet (powerbar) that runs the computer as well as additional items (light, printer, whatever)? Try plugging speakers to a separate outlet.

Is there something else in a USB? Turn off all USBs except those you are using (mouse). Everything else like printers or memory sticks or whatever, unplug and turn the USB 'OFF".

Is there a microphone near the speakers?

Move them far as possible from the monitor. Try them in another device to see if the squealing stops.

Reinstall the mouse driver. Is it an wireless mouse? - move the speakers away from the mouse.

Is the speakers into a video card or into a separate card or into the motherboard?

Laptop or desktop?

It is a desktop computer. The only thing I have not tried that you suggested is unplugging USB's. The only USB device I have is a keyboard. Its a logitec with a backlight. Well that an reinstalling mouse drivers. It is a corded mouse.

So there was one other thing I didn't try. I adjusted my main computer volume all the way up. Then set the application volume to 50, and when I started Skyrim I reduced it's master volume to 1/3. This so far seems to have solved my issue. Thank you very much. Oh I also made sure to un-check allowing applications to take exclusive control of the sound device (Control Panel > Sound > Properties).

Just little update, the last thing I tried didn't fix my sound issue. So I am still hunting around for a solution.

Did you try the speakers on another device besides the computer? Are the speakers bad or is there feed back from the computer?

One other thing to try is disconnect your modem or network - just unplug the internet cable - and see if that is causing the feedback.

Did you try the speakers on another device besides the computer? Are the speakers bad or is there feed back from the computer?

One other thing to try is disconnect your modem or network - just unplug the internet cable - and see if that is causing the feedback.

I don't have anything else I can try the speakers with. I will try unplugging my network cable as well. The speakers themselves are brand new as of this past Sunday. I had the same issue on my old speakers. One of the reasons I got the new ones. Also should mention that it only happens in games and goes away 15 to 45 seconds after I exit the game I am playing. Certain NPC voices will also cause the squeal to either subside or stop, only to return again from another sound, or that same NPC's voice. As of right now I have updated to the newest driver for my video card (a friends suggestion) I have alsp rolled back my sound driver to what was on it before I updated to windows 7.