ULTIMA VII BLACK SWORD

pmnavatar

http://i.imgur.com/7ENF9.png is the part i ringed round, or is it just rounded?

Judging by the picture of the sword in the player's inventory (second from the bottom in the OPs post) and the way the shadows fall on those parts of the handgrips, I'd have to say "rounded". It's hard to say, though - the sword itself was made of about 12 pixels in game (okay, maybe a couple more, but still).

Judging by the picture of the sword in the player's inventory (second from the bottom in the OPs post) and the way the shadows fall on those parts of the handgrips, I'd have to say "rounded". It's hard to say, though - the sword itself was made of about 12 pixels in game (okay, maybe a couple more, but still).

Yeah, it's very hard to tell... I'll see if the guy who made the demon sword will reply before finishing the model.

Yeah, it's very hard to tell... I'll see if the guy who made the demon sword will reply before finishing the model.

the black sword! in action!

Edited by saku31

No! Lord British! Now who'll yell at me after I kill every other living thing in the world with a single spell!? Who will I throw dirty diapers at when I'm bored!?

Man, I miss the good old days of RPGs. Now I'm jonesing for my 8-bit fix.

Edited by JanusForbeare

No! Lord British! Now who'll yell at me after I kill every other living thing in the world with a single spell!? Who will I throw dirty diapers at when I'm bored!?

Man, I miss the good old days of RPGs. Now I'm jonesing for my 8-bit fix.

I have a 486DX4-100 with a Roland MT-32 dedicated basically to Serpent Isle, Day of the Tentacle, Lands of Lore & Darksun:Shattered Lands

Serpent Isle is the best!

Regarding the black sword.

It doesnt need to be super intricate with details.

The Blade must be 2 Handed and it must be black. The gem must be blue and the blade shape does not need to be intricate.. It should be simple.

Arcadians Voice and powers of Return, Fire, Death and Mana restore would be great to include somehow.

And the swinging noise from serpent isle. ha ha :)

Much like these pictures:

Blue aura from the sword would be cool like last screenshot.

Again Arcadians likeness in the gem fading in and out would be cool.

Arcadian speaking when he's recharged and on killing blows would be cool.....

Some of the above 3d models posted have had the shape of the blade exaggerated especially those triangular shapes/edges on both sides of the blade above the gem.

these pics are the best:

Edited by saku31

Thnx for all the imput, i was beggining to think i was the only Ultima fan here...that made me feel very OLD :S lol

Well, the demon sword modder said, and i quote "maybe". It's not a "yes", but sure isnt a "no"

DavidD, I really apreciate your effort, thnx, mate! The best model is the one from the game's cover, if you can do a cross-over between the Kit-Rae sword and that model, i'm sure it will look great!

As for the sword's powers, I'd love to hear Arcadian too "Greetings, my master" (those were the days...:P), but i'd be happy with my suggestions ("1) the demon could restore mana completely if asked to (well, maybe increase 100% mana regeneration); 2) the sword can launch a gout of fire to enemies (it would be cool if it cast a powerfull Fire or Firebolt spell when the user blocked-bashed, just like Windshear enchantment works); 3) if asked, the sword could kill at first strike (well, maybe we could make it work like Mehrunes Razor, with a 15% chance to kill anything, even essencial NPC - there are many mods that do this effect, it's possible); 4) it could teleport the wielder to a safe haven (maybe a house, a teleport marker, or Dragonreach)")

The blue aura in the sword would be cool, or that swinging effect like Crysamere, in the Tamrielic Lore mod, watch here

Thank U all!

PS: For all that dont know Ultima 7, here is the actual forging of the sword!

And the binding of the demon!

PS2: I say it again, I'm not fond about the original pommel, if you change it for a gem, like in the game pics, it would be nice

Edited by pmnavatar

• 2 weeks later...

Well, still no news from anyone :S This is a good idea, there are many people interested, and there's already a model in the nexus that can be adaptable.

Which one? Maybe you can contact whoever made that model and ask if they'll make the Ultima sword for you.

The Demon Sword, here: My link

He said "Maybe" a long time ago, so i'm thinking it's a no go.

Well, I've posted this topic a while ago, and it's still alive, so i guess someone will notice it, after all, the job's half done, that mod just need some tweeks and changes :P

• 5 months later...