Interview with an eight yr old

Glhadiator

I read what her favorite mod was, and was like... "Oh... that explains why some mods are so popular."

J/K, I already knew why. This just added some icing to the cake.

But really...

...dafuk?

This was the best answer.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a sister who is 9 and I let her play Skyrim (before my computer died) and she had a ball with it. The new generation: my sister's favourite part of the introduction sequence is when the guy's head gets chopped off. I balked at her reaction, but she seems fine. And no, she's not a psycho.

Watching my sister play Skyrim is actually quite entertaining. She's probably one of the best role-players in the whole world!

As for the discussion on Skyrim's M rating, I think it is a bit over mark. The only reason Skyrim got an M is because of the decapitations, and there are few enough of those anyway.

I think it all depends on who is the young ones

personally I was moved by the first decapitation (now, for the record, I am well over the age limit LOL)

not because of it in itself but because of the setup, youngsters generally tend to have an uncanny ability to separate virtual from real, much more so than adults.

My opinion is that it really depends on the situation: in this particular case (a bright 8 year old) she seems mature enough to deal with it, I probably would act the same if I was related to her

sooner or later a person will have to learn how violent the world really is anyway, too much protection is just as bad as not enough which is why all parents find it difficult (when they care)

That was just my opinion, not trying to impose my views to others... not saying my way is perfect either...