Skyrim Without Sound

Talamaeus

@Talamaeus, hi, i'm not aware of an easy fix for you, just some info sorry..

as you may know, there's a 10 page thread on the Toshiba forum from Satellite L505D series owners

about this sudden no sound/usb issue.

Seems like no fix has been found and faulty hardware (not software) design may be to blame (including lack of support from Toshiba).

Specifically, poor design/manufacturing causing heat and solder joint failure disabling Southbridge chipset features.

fyi, Southbridge chipset handles all of a computer's I/O functions, such as USB, audio, serial, the system BIOS,

the ISA bus, the interrupt controller and the IDE channels.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Audio-Sound/no-sound-usb-on-satellite-l505d-gs6000/td-p/172564

Will post here if I run across a way to 'simply make Skyrim runnable without sound'.

If there is a way to disable sound device detection I haven't found it yet, there must be a way to do this somewhere.

Skyrim minimum requirements specify a 'Direct X Compatible Sound Card', I do not think there is a 'No Sound' option.

Tempted to suggest a cheapy USB sound device; but, didn't want to add salt to the wound since USB ports are not functioning.

cool, i was going to suggest trying something like that but figured a virtual audio device still

has dependencies on a functioning audio output, glad i was wrong lol, good for you.

Edited by xlcr