The 360 is banned in the USA

Thor.

As the road is currently being traveled, the system will be banned from selling. Without the judge's final ruling, many companies have stopped being supplied with them, because if they purchase new ones and have them shipped and the final ruling states a ban, then the company will have lost money.

Online shopping is used through store shipping, so as long as a store in this world has one, it will be online for that store.

You STILL did not provide a source. I need links as references. And who are these "many companies"? Can you provide a source for that?

I'm not trying to be mean, but tremendous claims require tremendous evidence. In this case, you claimed that the Xbox 360 has been "banned", yet you did not provide a source.

Also, a quick Google search reveals that what you posted is either entirely made up or you took it from an unreliable source (personal blogs aren't reliable).

And one more thing: those companies [who?] are still selling them. It's that they're not ordering anymore, because they're worried about the ITC actually issuing the ban, which means they won't be able to sell them, meaning they'll lose tremendous amounts of money.

It's not banned yet but Microsoft do face having it removed from the shelf. The Xbox has been caught up in an ongoing battle between Microsoft and Google (who now own Motorola Mobility and who were pulling their strings before they took ownership). There's open warfare in various courts around the world between Microsoft, Google, Apple, Samsung, HTC and others, this is just one part of it. The Xbox faces a similar ban in Germany along with Windows 7 and WMP.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the original Xbox 360's disk tray became jammed every two to five years, I almost couldn't care less if the 360 was banned after all. And with the Rumors that the 720 will destroy used games, The only Xbox that I find decent is the original Xbox. Maybe some of the other Xbox only games like Forza motorsports and Halo will move on to other systems, if the rumor is true.

Yea you got that right the 360 console is now banned in the United states from selling consoles. It might even effect game development to, who knows..

more reason to push that 720 out into the market early eh, unless it needs design changes do to this lawsuit.

http://www.courthous...05/22/46716.htm

I bet Sonys happy right now. or laughing??:happy:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187793_222635647769569_1328023_n.jpg

Why don't you actually read the article?

WASHINGTON (CN) - The International Trade Commission should ban import of some Microsoft Xbox gaming consoles into the United States because they infringe on Motorola patents, an administrative law judge said. The recommendation is limited to the 4GB and 250GB versions of the Xbox 360 S console.

It is very specific.

It's not banned... that article, and all others, say that a judge, a single judge, recommended that it be banned. That doesn't mean it WAS banned.

Not only that, but the decision making powers rests with very few people in the ITC. Like 5 or 6 people in total. That judge is not one of them. Furthermore, most recommendations by judges in the ITC are hardly ever taken into consideration.

So in short, it's not banned.

Thank you.

It is banned from sales in the USA, the judge didn't recommend it, he ORDERED it. According to websites based out of the US, the 360 is no longer in inventory and 96% of my google search results are my sources.

Again....

WASHINGTON (CN) - The International Trade Commission should ban import of some Microsoft Xbox gaming consoles into the United States because they infringe on Motorola patents, an administrative law judge said. The recommendation is limited to the 4GB and 250GB versions of the Xbox 360 S console.

It is very specific.

Edited by eodx9000

The way the original Xbox 360's disk tray became jammed every two to five years, I almost couldn't care less if the 360 was banned after all. And with the Rumors that the 720 will destroy used games, The only Xbox that I find decent is the original Xbox. Maybe some of the other Xbox only games like Forza motorsports and Halo will move on to other systems, if the rumor is true.

I'm no fan of the X360, anymore at least, but if the X360 were truly banned, that'd be an extremely bad thing for competition.

• 4 weeks later...
It's just for the 4GB and 250GB versions of the Xbox 360 S console, hardly every model and version there is. And I highly doubt this will turn off a bunch of game developers as that just ensure they no will no longer be able to get huge bags of money every day,