Project Spotlight: Fallout New California

BigBizkit

In response to post #63205836. #63271591, #63279756, #63302071, #63326431, #63334036 are all replies on the same post.

Fkemman11 wrote: I've been spreading the word about this awesome unofficial dlc to everyone that asks what mods there are for FNV or even TTW. Combined with TTW btw, this would make for one epic gaming experience! Thank you so much for this and anything else you might release in the future!!:D:D:D
MMLXXXVI wrote: I'm new to mods, Do I need FNV or FO4 to play this one? TTW?
mario58791 wrote: Fallout New California requires Fallout New Vegas. TTW is Tale of Two Wastelands, it merges Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas into one game. You need to own both for it to work.
Thaiauxn wrote: You only need a copy of New Vegas + A Mod Manager to run FNC.

That's it.

If you are on a Steam version, use the 4GB Patch from Roy: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552

If you are on GOG version you're good to go.

We also have recommended mods here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iciq_jIMJvZLMjkDQdCP0tDHmezpFme9nUKjDiZ1HGU

But those are all optional.

The only incompatible mods are Alternative Start mods and anything that interferes with XP gain rate. Otherwise all your mods are fine, but for our BETA phase I'd recommend turning them off til you are done reporting bugs. If you have mods causing conflicts with FNC, we'll make a note of them. We won't patch FNC to import assets or address issues with any other mod. We're only accepting bug reports pertaining to New California first and foremost, then if other mod authors want to make patches for FNC, that is their responsibility, not ours.

But rule of thumb -- if it works with New Vegas it will work with FNC.
[email protected] wrote: I can't play FO3. My computer crashes every 2-3 minutes. That's with NO mods loaded. Therefore, I can't play TTW. Is there any way I can fix this?
mario58791 wrote: TTW puts Fallout 3 into the updated New Vegas engine so it crashes much less.

TTW has nothing to do with New California. They might be compatible? We'll know during BETA. Roy fixed a lot of engine issues in TTW so it may be more stable, who knows. But you don't need TTW to run FNC.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #63335506. #63336471 is also a reply to the same post.

maximizers wrote: Not going to lie, the fifteen year plan kinda made me cringe. >_>
PraetorianMakarov wrote: Its good to have plans. They're not necessarily going to turn out the way they could, but its good to have them in place.

That plan is gonna be what sinks them. Bethesda is going to claim that they are attempting to monetize New California by using their unofficial Fallout work to hype funding for w/e next project they touch... shame.

In response to post #63335506. #63336471, #63338151 are all replies on the same post.

maximizers wrote: Not going to lie, the fifteen year plan kinda made me cringe. >_>
PraetorianMakarov wrote: Its good to have plans. They're not necessarily going to turn out the way they could, but its good to have them in place.
CaedesAposis wrote: That plan is gonna be what sinks them. Bethesda is going to claim that they are attempting to monetize New California by using their unofficial Fallout work to hype funding for w/e next project they touch... shame.

Ppbbtt. No.

And the plan is a very generic ideal, not a literal "this is what I will do and how I will do it." Even in the words under the image it's obvious I'm thinking 15-20 years for all these, and the costs will have to adjust for what comes up, not what I wish they could be. But without an aspiration and a general plan, nothing, absolutely nothing, ever gets done.

In response to post #63340426.

Hellothere27 wrote: Please tell me this works without NVSE, i tried almost everything but the thing won't work.

You don't need NVSE, but if you can't get NVSE to work your problems very likely are not in the programme but in your ability to install them correctly.

In response to post #63340426. #63357056 is also a reply to the same post.

Hellothere27 wrote: Please tell me this works without NVSE, i tried almost everything but the thing won't work.
Thaiauxn wrote: You don't need NVSE, but if you can't get NVSE to work your problems very likely are not in the programme but in your ability to install them correctly.

Thaiauxm, while true that still sounds a little harsh. With your knowledge and skill-set you could have given him some advice or something instead of criticizing him.

This has not a whole lot to do with the article specifically but the excitement for this kind of thing. This is a sheer example of community drive software development. "Support your community of indie developers and modders. The era of publishers is dead. You are the producers now. Pay for things you want to exist. Don’t pay for things you want to abort. Accept the risks and responsibilities therein. Simple as that. Welcome to the 21st Century." Seems like a sentiment of supporting free as in freedom software (which can cost monetarily to support the dev). So it would seem that people in support of this kind of mentality would be in favor of GNU/Linux operating systems but it isn't the case so far. With Valve's new Proton - Play on Linux support hopefully more people will make the switch. It's been said by many people that the only reason they still put up with Windows is for gaming. But that time is over, I truly believe it's the year of GNU/Linux. "Simple as that. Welcome to the 21st Century."