Project Spotlight: Fallout New California

BigBizkit

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #63387631.

flumpergump wrote: So, hypothetically speaking, if I have ttw installed and have converted a bunch of FO3 mods for it, can I just disable them in order to use this? What would happen if I kept them enabled?

I have no idea. During BETA200, try it out, write down the steps you take to get it working, and I'll post that process if you are successful. But, Rick and I will be focused on players running a minimum number of mods so we can fix our own mess. :p We take our responsibility first, so that means fixing our own bugs before those introduced by every random mod in the last 10 years. Edited by Thaiauxn

Sounds like this is gonna be super-legit! Huge fan of Fallout 3 & New Vegas. Great 3rd person gameplay!

Fallout 4... not so much, because they completely BROKE 3rd person game mechanics. It's all out of whack. Not to mention the horrible waste of time that is "settlement building". And then Beth announced "76". My ears perked up, I mean they named it after the year I was born!... until I saw the trailer, and then it was announced to be multiplayer. Really Bethesda? Just one intentional foul-up after another. Not the direction your real fans want to go, I can assure you.

Hopefully New California will just be more of the good (FO3 / FNV type) stuff, and none of the new fluff crap.

Thank you Thaiauxn and your team for all y'all's hard work. I'm sure it will pay off (pardon the pun) in the end. Heck, I may even contribute financially to this project if I like it even slightly more than Fallout 4. The thing is... from what you've stated so far, I'm positive that I will like it MUCH more than Fallout 4.

Cheers!

Edited by GraeWooff

In response to post #63387631. #63405021 is also a reply to the same post.

flumpergump wrote: So, hypothetically speaking, if I have ttw installed and have converted a bunch of FO3 mods for it, can I just disable them in order to use this? What would happen if I kept them enabled?
Thaiauxn wrote: I have no idea. During BETA200, try it out, write down the steps you take to get it working, and I'll post that process if you are successful. But, Rick and I will be focused on players running a minimum number of mods so we can fix our own mess. :p We take our responsibility first, so that means fixing our own bugs before those introduced by every random mod in the last 10 years.

Makes sense.

In response to post #63405661.

GraeWooff wrote: Sounds like this is gonna be super-legit! Huge fan of Fallout 3 & New Vegas. Great 3rd person gameplay!

Fallout 4... not so much, because they completely BROKE 3rd person game mechanics. It's all out of whack. Not to mention the horrible waste of time that is "settlement building". And then Beth announced "76". My ears perked up, I mean they named it after the year I was born!... until I saw the trailer, and then it was announced to be multiplayer. Really Bethesda? Just one intentional foul-up after another. Not the direction your real fans want to go, I can assure you.

Hopefully New California will just be more of the good (FO3 / FNV type) stuff, and none of the new fluff crap.

Thank you Thaiauxn and your team for all y'all's hard work. I'm sure it will pay off (pardon the pun) in the end. Heck, I may even contribute financially to this project if I like it even slightly more than Fallout 4. The thing is... from what you've stated so far, I'm positive that I will like it MUCH more than Fallout 4.

Cheers!

Is it snowing? Oww no, it's actually salt, salt everywhere :o

In response to post #63405661. #63429691 is also a reply to the same post.

GraeWooff wrote: Sounds like this is gonna be super-legit! Huge fan of Fallout 3 & New Vegas. Great 3rd person gameplay!

Cheers!
MiisterA wrote: Is it snowing? Oww no, it's actually salt, salt everywhere :o

Edited by MiisterA