Kvatch Bug?

mitchelw

hello guys.

I started today with the main story line...Kvatch Attack!!! :biggrin:

however after i closed the gate and made way to chapel. Then you need to go to the castle "normaly" some imperial legions show up :confused: but they didn't. ok that's not the BIG DEAL. the big deal was then when we arrieved at castle gate (that captain, me and my companion)

they kept looking up. Then i saw a few Deandra up there (didn't see them before, 2nd char. this is)

ok i used magic and arrows to TRY to kill them...that goes sloooooooow!! :confused:

But they kept coming and kept coming like they had a whole army behind that wall. Witch ofc. isn't

can someone help me plea?

greets mitchel

I don't think I can understand what your question is...

If it is why there are so many enemies, well, there is an invasion ongoing :smile:

If it is why nothing else happens and I have well understood your position, the Capt should have instructed you to go inside the castle and open the main gate to let him and his guards go inside as well, so you should proceed this way while they fight the Daedra.

As a general advise, follow your quest marker when you are stuck, it will often ease your task of saving the world.

well that's the point....he didn't gave me orders to go inside the castle guard house, because there are still enemy's on the wall but we cant get them down. and they keep coming.

I follow my quest marker and it always leads to that captain who doesn't give me new orders so...you understand now?

well that's the point....he didn't gave me orders to go inside the castle guard house, because there are still enemy's on the wall but we cant get them down. and they keep coming.

I follow my quest marker and it always leads to that captain who doesn't give me new orders so...you understand now?

No way you must try and kill the daedra in the castle, you'll just sacrifice the men since they respawn ad infinitum. Once you and then clears the way until the closed gate Savinius asks you coming back to the chapel, seek a guy there and follow him, getting the key yourself if he dyes. Proceed until you you open the entrance to the hall. Once cleaned the hall you'll be asked to search for the count.

Edit: Maybe you already got the order or didn't approach the gates enough to Savinius know it closed.

The Daedra on the wall are always there, they should not impact at all on the quest. Make sure you have killed ALL the creatures in the relevant area before you get the request to go through the chapel to open the gate. If one is hidden and left alive you won't get the update. The Imp Legion types don't show until AFTER you have the quest to open the gate. If you have killed everything and the Captsin still does not ask you to speak to Berich Inian you can advance the quest via the console.

Hint to keep BE alive, when he leads you into the crypt run straight through. He will stay fighting Daedra in the crypt. When you and your legion comrades have cleared the way, return to him and then follow him.

ok i used magic and arrows to TRY to kill them...that goes sloooooooow!! :confused:

But they kept coming and kept coming like they had a whole army behind that wall. Witch ofc. isn't

Its not a bug. Dremora never die. They are immortal. SO, kill em and run. Thats it.

I think the issue with the dremora archers on the wall may have been addressed by Kivan's Unofficial Oblivion Patch. They appear in my current game, but Savlian still gives the quest to go back and get the key to open the castle gates, even while the surviving guards take occasional shots at the dremora archers.