Vortex and nexus account privacy questions

MysteriousGuy

Since vortex is created by nexus and it uses its website i was wondering few things:

1. How much information is nexus tracking about vortex users?

2. I see nexus knows last time i downloaded something from nexus. Is vortex reporting to nexus manually installed mods too?

3. What happens to vortex if nexus account is banned? Does it become locked or still fully functional mod manager?

1. Can't say what the API tracks but that wouldn't be anything different from what the website knows about you when you manually download. Vortex currently reports nothing to the page. We talked about tracking usage statistics at some point to learn how users use Vortex (stuff like: Does it even make sense to have an advanced mode or did 99% of our users turn it on anyway) but that would be anonymous and optional.

2. No. Nexus tracks when you downloaded a file on the website as well, when you dl through Vortex the API tracks that, but not for manual installs. Well, technically: Vortex does use the md5 hash of a file to query meta information about a file even when we don't have the nexus ids, so technically if you manually install a file that does exist on Nexus the API could track that, but to my knowledge that doesn't happen and I don't see why it would.

3. Vortex would continue to work but obviously certain features would cease to function. I mean, you can use Vortex without being logged in at all, so...