Scariest Moment!

HitsugayaShiroken

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was quite a while ago, but it was freaky as heck. I think I yelled, and my friend was over too... :pinch: Anyways, I was a High Elf mage-thingy (appropriately named "Edward Magebottom") and was exploring some Ayleid ruin (forget which one...mightve been Vilverin). I was looking around an empty room for loot and whatnot, when all of a sudden a freaking hand smacks me in the face. Of course, my spindly mage almost died from the one hit, only to see a freaking zombie swinging at me from where the wall was a second ago. Damn pressure plates on the floor...I was so freaked after that.

Well this might sound silly, but you know all the expected things, so when they appear now it doesn't spook me, not much does..But I was dudgeon crawling, since then I can't find the bloody dudgeon, where I found this thing..Well I was wandering around with Neeshka my companion, and lo and behold, I did not think there was one of these in Oblivion, I turned a corner to be greeted by this giant and I mean bloody big *censored*, big as a Deadroth.. mud crab..scared the bloody'ell out of me..For some reason with one swipe took out Neeshka as she has a tendency to just charge forward, and I ran like hell..

Got my composure and came back and fire-balled it to death, at a distance mind.. with finger of the mountain zap for good luck..

A giant mud crab, not scared of anything, but the unexpected sometimes, and that was it..

Anybody know the name of the bloomin' cave I like to find it again..??

I believe you were running the "Lost Spires" mod. I don't remember which Spire it was, but it's the one where you recover the Stele for that Goddess. I'm guessing that mod because a giant mudcrab is in the cave in one of those Spires.

No it was not that, never played that mod, it was just a Tamerial cave, its not a modded cave addon..I have played so many times, it was time to see what I never found, so I Dl this mod that marks everything there is to explore in Tamerial, and I found it ,in a not easy to find place, without the markers I'm not sure I ever would have found that one on my own..Bloody'ell I wish I could remember the caves name, if anyone does let me know, I would like to go there again, this time prepared.

Cheers

Edit..Ohhh Ta.. Varus Torvyn I just went to the home page, of Lost Spires, I am DL that mod now, Archaeology major as I was back when, this sounds intriguing, thanks for mentioning it.

You're welcome. You'll enjoy it quite a bit, as it adds 15 hours of game-time, and it now has full voiceovers.

Umm....you might want to wait until your character is at least Level 20, as that mod is geared for higher-level characters.

Aeryn, if you'd like to have all of your map markers on, PM me & I'll send how to do that (without mods) to you. Can't post it here in the General Forum.

i hate being owned by a rat on low heath and forgot to do heath potions... enough said....

Col John Sheppard

I have two. The first true scare I encountered was while running the "Lost Paladin of the Divines" mod. I was looking around in a ruin populated by werewolves. I heard them howling but could not see them. When the first one attacked, it was so realistic and quick that I literally did jerk in my chair.
Muhahaha!!! Yes, that was fun making that level. I initially had the 1st werewolf hiding behind the 1st corner and would only come out when you got very close but then I added an NPC to further the storyline and to give it more depth...you also get to see the werewolf kill him in one mighty blow! ;)

LHammonds

LHammonds, you did a fine bit of engineering on the AI for those werewolves. Hmmm....I need to send you the doctor's bill for that heart attack you gave me. ;D (good job!)

I believe you were running the "Lost Spires" mod. I don't remember which Spire it was, but it's the one where you recover the Stele for that Goddess. I'm guessing that mod because a giant mudcrab is in the cave in one of those Spires.

No it was not that, never played that mod, it was just a Tamerial cave, its not a modded cave addon..I have played so many times, it was time to see what I never found, so I Dl this mod that marks everything there is to explore in Tamerial, and I found it ,in a not easy to find place, without the markers I'm not sure I ever would have found that one on my own..Bloody'ell I wish I could remember the caves name, if anyone does let me know, I would like to go there again, this time prepared.

Cheers

Edit..Ohhh Ta.. Varus Torvyn I just went to the home page, of Lost Spires, I am DL that mod now, Archaeology major as I was back when, this sounds intriguing, thanks for mentioning it.

The giant mudcrab is in vanilla Oblivion. It can be found in Greenmead Cave, on the Gold Road, between the IC and Skingrad. I do believe it doesn't respawn, though.

Cheers

The giant mudcrab is in vanilla Oblivion. It can be found in Greenmead Cave, on the Gold Road, between the IC and Skingrad. I do believe it doesn't respawn, though.

Ta....Finally!!!......I started once again as a new custom character ...I played through so many times I just now want to explore, and am doing some added quest like Spires and all of Giskards quests, and also exploring Tamerial...now I can go visit that bloody mudcrab prepared...

Ah aye Geenmead cave that does sound familiar..

Go raibh maith agat ( thank you very much)

Cheers mate