Manual Mod Installation Issue

Destroyer5

Anyway as I stated before those that say they cant do something will fall behind.

But if the the thing you want to do is jump of a cliff because you believe very strongly you can fly (without tools), maybe others are right to stay behind?

Sorry to break your bubble but Disney Movies aren't reality, not everything is possible if you believe in it enough.

This person made it possible to use NMM in Vr, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32511, and guess what??? NMM actually warns you when you uninstall a mod that it will delete the backup.

sigh... NMM does not clean up mods it didn't install, it simply overwrites files and than cleans up what it installed itself. This does not fix the problem I mentioned

in the very beginning.

It's great that NMM is displaying a dialog before it potentially breaks your game (a dialog that not at all mentions what could go wrong btw.)

But Vortex does not potentially break your game at this point so why would it warn you? "Nothing bad is about to happen. I got this. Do you want to continue or do you need a moment to manually break something?"

Vortex restores the game to the state it found it, so if it was fine before then it's going to still be fine after mod removal.

NMM may find a working game directory and leave it broken. How you believe this is a feature is beyond me.

It would be the easiest thing in the world to replicate the NMM behavior, but that would make Vortex worse.

That gives a person the opportunity to manually remove the mode themselves, before deleting, or just deleting. NMM knows what they doing.

NMM is an "it", not a "they", and it doesn't know what it's doing, that's why it's displaying a dialog: to shift the responsibility over to you.

That's the whole purpose of the dialog - of any dialog really.

I see where you are coming from, Destroyer5, understand completely what you're saying, but it comes down to one thing:

If you're going to use a mod manager for a game, use it on a totally clean install of that game, or as a replacement for a previous mod manager that itself was used on a totally clean install of that game. Until advanced AI is a thing, no mod manager can ever cover your arse for things you manually do to mess with your data folder. Hopefully by that time Bethesda will learn how to make a game properly, too. 8^D