⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

We're never getting a First Person camera mod, are we?

UlyssesSinclair

the majority of people probably play fallout 4 in third person (on PC) - (i know i do), thus rendering a see your body mod redundant, not too mention fallout 4 does third person far better then skyrim. (the character models, skin textures, movement, etc etc are far superior to skyrim, thus greatly encouraging playing the game in third person view)

skyrim is literally designed to be played in first person, so that warrants said mod to be much more beneficial to skyrim.

why would you want to spend ages creating your character, and downloading all them cool armor and clothing mods (high res skin texture mods, custom hair mods etc etc it goes on), only to never actually see them because you are playing in first person view.

yeah... basically no-one plays in third person, especially not on pc. its the other way around buddy

Alternate 3rd Person Animations mod: 19k (19 thousand) downloads

Better 3rd person camera mod: 20k (20 thousand) downloads

these are Unique downloads stats (unique download = individual person) both are PC mods

39 thousand people, is a considerable amount of people that play in third person. these mods would be completely redundant for first person.

so yes, people do in fact play in third person.

both mods have existed since 2015, the year that fallout 4 was released.

• 1 month later...

3D' isomorphic?

Basically, 'fake' 3D. its what we had back before real 3D came around, like it Diablo1 & 2.

I HATED first-person when I first rtied it. My kids laughed at me. Now That's all I play.

I know what it is, I just don't know why you brought it up. I find Beth games in 1st person extremely poorly executed, even if the engine is built for it. Bad animations, bad hand movements. Stuff just doesn't make sense and it just breaks immersion for me. If it was implemented better then I might enjoy it more. Simply holding your hands in front of you 24/7 because you fight barehanded or holding a sword in front of you because you're holding a sword is just dumb. Makes no sense. Even with a gun it doesn't make sense. If I run around with a gun in my hands it's not in my fov the entire time. I'm not holding it in front of my face. so why implement that in the game?

I third that. Bethesda gets my whole family which is divided between 1st and third person players. Like those above I love having both and makes the game seem a cut above. myself I can deal with a purely third person game but almost no 1st person game can sustain my interest. !st person melee is just terrible to me. Messy suicide.

• 2 months later...

apparently the modding tools provided by bethesda is not capable of tackling these kinds of tweaks so the only hardway I know to hack into the exe functions is cheat engine. if we manage to make the body not disappear while we switch to 1st person then we got the mod minus figuring out how to delete the hands.

apparently the modding tools provided by bethesda is not capable of tackling these kinds of tweaks so the only hardway I know to hack into the exe functions is cheat engine. if we manage to make the body not disappear while we switch to 1st person then we got the mod minus figuring out how to delete the hands.

Sounds like a lot of fun, regarding the continuous updates of the .exe due to the updates for Microtransaction Club.