Turn based Strategy

Shadowcran

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like HoMM and Disciples. Has anybody played Disciples III: Renaissance? I think it's a good game but it's kinda unfinished... No multiplayer (even a hot-seat), only 3 races (Empire, elves and demons - and where are the others?), no single-player scenarios, only campaigns. Maybe all this will be added later... I hope so.

• 1 month later...

Have you tried the any games form Total War sereis?

Theres the turn based element on the campaign map, where the empire building prospect comes in to play, and then youve got the RTS on the battle map, where you can command your troops to eliminate the enemy forces(although this may not be to your liking, but hey, thats why easy mode was invented) :tongue:

Ive played up to Medeival 2 total war, but my disk broke, some im back playing rome total war... which is still great.

Also, if you dont like to fight battles yourself, theres an auto resolve(which is heavily bias towards chariots btw :teehee: ) button which lets you, well, automatically resolve the battle, without fighting it.

Have you tried the any games form Total War sereis?

I agree , when I'm in between game genres I generally play one of the Total War series. I find that Barbarian Invasions(RTW) and MTW2 are good for a week of playing. The total War series can be easily self modded or you can hunt down one of the modding sites if you prefer.

King Arthur the RPG is a nice mix of the total war tactical battle system but with a much smarter AI and a fantasy component.

• 3 weeks later...

Went through every page of this thread and ctrl + f'd dofus and wakfu, nobody has talked about it, weird.

http://www.wakfu.com/en

http://www.dofus.com/en

Turn based MMORPGs, they're making an Xbox 360 game based on it and I think they made a DS one.

There is a cartoon based of it in France.

It has some pretty amazing features like a working plant ecosystem and animal ecosystem.

Wakfu is in beta, Dofus isn't but it's old and I've never really played it, been waiting for Wakfu to go out of beta.

Think it's closed beta ATM.

On my Dsi i have a bunch of TBS and they are pretty entertaining. I perfer RTS anyday though.

• 2 weeks later...