Best Game You've Ever Played

Varus Torvyn

i played way of the samurai i would not call it best ..or good or even passable

its slow and plodding and one of your characters is an afro samurai

bizarre at best

then again i like bizarre

and i have a soft spot for the spyro games front mission 4 grandia 1 and 2 and most dreamcast games

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

err not to rain on your parade but there was no super mario bros 3 on the snes in 1991

there was mario bros 3 on the nes in 1990

super mario world in 1991

and mario all stars (all 4 mario nes games ina 16 bit gloss) in 1993

I think my favourite game is Okami. Its one of the only games ever to make me smile simply because I was playing it, and the story is both witty and wonderful, without being overly twee or 'cutesy'.

Honourable mention to Ocarina of Time, Baldur's Gate, 1 and 2, Neverwinter Nights and Shogun Total War.

This may carbon-date me, perhaps...

Neverwinter Nights (the first one)

X-Com: UFO Defense (the American-release title for 'Enemy Unknown')

X-Com: Apocalypse

The Neverhood (an immensely silly claymation puzzle game from LucasFilms)

Bard's Tale III: The Thief of Fate (yes, I've been playing PC games since way before 1988... get off my lawn, kid.)

I can't say the best game I ever played but is easy to recall the ones that marked me forever.

In the beginning was the incredible Sinclair and the Z80 era... a brief stage at the Apple II and it's 6502 (not sure without confirming but don't matter, was something like this) and the MSX that like the Sinclair was the pre PC computers a used in deep, but not much about gaming passion in them (the first thing I deed in every one was get rid of the Basic they came with).

But is about games and gaming, so:

The first one was Phantasy Star on Master System. The game chocked me, I knew RPG but had never saw it in computer. A game where you need to talk to people, collect informations and a long and somewhat compelling story...

After I began to search for RPGs titles and found Ultima IV yet for the Master System and was hooked forever.

So I get a SNES and played the Final Fantasy 2 (IV in Japan) another shocking experience...

At this point I was going to play in the PC, I had several ones before and had played some titles like the fly simulator in the AT times without much on "emotion", same on the 386 and I used the computer only for work and programming strange things like FORTH compilers and such. When I first played "seriously" on PC it was already a 486, but the lacking of a sound board was something frustrating.

By this time I was playing Lands of Lore and must say I liked it, so I got the opportunity to acquire a Sound Baster Pro, installed it and...

Lands of Lore was whole new game as it was World of Xeen and so many others. No more console to me.

Nowadays games are fantastic, sure, but they fails in giving the same emotions those ancient ones did to me. Not even because they were the "best", some things aren't easy to explain.

my top 5

1 baldurs gate 2

2 fallout 2

3 oblivion

4 civilization 4

5 neverwinter nights

Amen to that brother...

I would say Baldur's Gate series were the best RPG I ever played, in fact I would play anything that Black Isle made, BG series,

Icewind Dale series, Fallout 1 and 2, and of course the games bioware made, kotor series, neverwinter nights series, mass effect...

Also there was that great game, Arcanum, it was an incredible experience for me and quite tough one...

my top 5

1 baldurs gate 2

2 fallout 2

3 oblivion

4 civilization 4

5 neverwinter nights

Amen to that brother...

I would say Baldur's Gate series were the best RPG I ever played, in fact I would play anything that Black Isle made, BG series,

Icewind Dale series, Fallout 1 and 2, and of course the games bioware made, kotor series, neverwinter nights series, mass effect...

Also there was that great game, Arcanum, it was an incredible experience for me and quite tough one...

I haven't played Baldur's Gates yet, but I keep on hearing about and I'm about to buy the darn thing.

My three personal favorites, and what I think were the best three titles are:

Legend of Zelda: Orcarina of Time

TES 3: Morrowind

Final Fantasy X