Best Game You've Ever Played

Varus Torvyn

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order of when I became addicted to each.

1.Age of Empires II

2.Day of the Tentacle

3.Neverwinter Nights

4.TES: IV (duh)

These are the PC ones if I'm going for all time I would have to include Link's Awakening for Game Boy. I wore out two carts of that game.

1. System Shock 2

2. Starsiege: Tribes

2. Homeworld

2. Fallout & Fallout 2

It hurts to make a list that short, but if I had to pick a handful of games to keep and nothing else... I'd cry a lot because choosing would be torture. I've played a lot of games, and a lot of those games could claim to be the best game I've ever played for one reason or another at one time or another. I must list the rest (ranked):

3. Oblivion & Morrowind

3. C&C 95

3. Bioshock

3. System Shock, for actually having a story and complex objectives back in 1992... unlike *coughDOOMcough* some games.

3. Earthsiege II, my all-time favorite mechsim.

3. The Longest Journey

3. Mass Effect

3. KoToR

3. Riven

3. Half-Life 2

4. Starsiege, which owned my life for five years straight because it had The. Best. Community. Ever. Would still be a 3 or a 2 if it weren't dead as a doornail online.

4. Tribes 2 - which totally would have taken the place of its predecessor if it weren't for good 'ol "Unhandled Exception" and the officially sanctioned disaster that was Classic Mod. I'd probably still have given it a 2 or 3 if it hadn't gone and died after Vengeance came out.

4. Diablo I & II

4. Myst

4. Portal

4. Half-Life

5. C&C: Red Alert

5. GTA2, because top-down action never got any better.

5. GTA3, because it made sandbox mainstream and did it well.

Those are the games I'd really miss having if I ever lost and couldn't replace them. The ones which, from time to time, I feel an inexplicable urge to go and play again- and for which I will wrangle with my computer for long periods of time if they won't work when I try to do so. I could survive losing the entire rest of my collection, NES and N64 classics included, if I managed to hang onto everything listed above.

Might as well.

In no particular order for the PC: Morrowind, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate I and II,

Not PC: Xenogears, Resident Evil 4, Legacy of Kains minus Blood Omen 2.

Probably not my best of the best, just games I like and happen to remember currently.

• 2 weeks later...

rpg: Chrono Trigger; multiple endings good replay value

Oblivion, Morrowind, Secret of Mana

??: Zelda's # 1, L2TP, Ocarina, Twilight princess

FPS: Half Life 2, Doom, Rise of the Triad, Turok1

RTS: Warcraft series, AOE2, Dawn of War, C&C, Fantasy Empires

Horror: Splatter House, Parasite Eve, Resident evil series( the original and new)

Action: Tomb Raider series( mostly #1),Thief series(but mostly #1)

Racing: GT1&2, Mario Kart( fun multiplayer action)

• 2 weeks later...

Two Worlds, Oblivion & The Witcher. The Witcher has an awesome fighting system. Oblivions one of the best "Modifiable" RP G's that exist :). I recently bought Two Worlds and I think its ok though I hear most people debating on weather its good or not. For me its fairly ok, I haven't really got playing it much yet as my attentions always o Oblivion believe it or not ;).

Anyone else like two worlds? Its not that bad really :), I just wish it could be Modifiable like Oblivion is.