Fallout 4 (and F4SE)

Javalin

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, as I've not been active on the Nexus for quite awhile (so I'll apologise in advance) - It's good to see some of the folks from "earlier in my time" still knocking around.

F4SE is no longer working for me when attempting to launch Fallout 4 - regardless of whether I attempt to launch it through Nexus Mod Manager (with F4SE option) or the F4SE desktop launcher. The result is the same -- It will keep reverting to the Steam launcher that gives the options when you first start it up.

Fallout 4 Version: 1.10.106

F4SE version: 0.6.1

Active Plugins: 184

I haven't found anything in an extensive search to see if anybody else is experiencing the issue. I'm hoping that I can find answers here?

This issue does not appear to be anything mod-related as I`ve not actually installed any mods and it worked perfectly fine before.

are you definitely launching steam first before F4SE, the reason i ask is because if steam is not loaded, and you attempt to launch fallout via F4SE this will cause steam to load and as such start the fallout 4 launcher.

however that will only be a 1 time deal, until the computer is reset.

also is the F4SE desktop launcher, the actual F4SE launcher or is it a shortcut to F4SE ?

if its a shortcut, then the target for the shortcut might be pointing to the steam launcher, which would then mean every time you load the F4SE shortcut, it will launch steam instead (if this is the case its a simple fix)

Edited by Guest

are you definitely launching steam first before F4SE, the reason i ask is because if steam is not loaded, and you attempt to launch fallout via F4SE this will cause steam to load and as such start the fallout 4 launcher.

however that will only be a 1 time deal, until the computer is reset.

also is the F4SE desktop launcher, the actual F4SE launcher or is it a shortcut to F4SE ?

if its a shortcut, then the target for the shortcut might be pointing to the steam launcher, which would then mean every time you load the F4SE shortcut, it will launch steam instead (if this is the case its a simple fix)

Steam is always active (I even closed it and re-opened)

I've checked the F4SE (shortcut) target; and it is targeting the F4SE launcher in the correct Fallout 4 folder. I even re-installed F4SE, just in case it got broken somehow.

It's definitely a head-scratcher.

indeed, i got an idea:

first go here --> C:\Users\Your Computer name\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\F4SE

delete all text documents in that folder, then launch F4SE again (via the F4SE Loader/Shortcut, not via NMM)

and after that open f4se_loader.txt - (found in the address above)

see if all the paths are correct.

for reference this is what it should say when it launches the game properly and not steam:

config path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\F4SE\f4se.ini
procPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\\Fallout4.exe
launching: Fallout4.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\\Fallout4.exe)
also try running F4SE as Administrator (Right Click on F4SE and click on Run As Administrator)
are you running windows 10 by any chance ?
Edited by Guest