Tesla Rifle

SakuraDaidouji

So, i;ve been trying to make a Tesla Rifle.. scaled down damage, higher clip capacity, etc.. i just love the lightning bolt and the sound of it, and wanted it to be a 2handed rifle, for perks and other reasons.. but i;ve been running into some small issues.. first, the damage is too high.. i turned it down, and found that it didnt change.. then realized an explosion was attached to the effect, which i want to keep and turn into an EMP burst instead.. nothing huge, just a little boost of damage against robots. getting off topic.. right now, im just having one small issue, and thats that im trying to change the Ammo pack on it from a Microfusion Cell into an Electron Charge Pack. its not because its easier to find, or cheaper to buy.. its simply because thats what the Tesla Cannon used. besides, i designed it to eat up ammo at faster than 1/shot, to balance out its relatively easily found ammo. basically, i need help with the following, if anyone is willing:

how to add the explosion of a pulse grenade to it, but change the damage and radius to something more reasonable to a semi-automatic weapon...

how to alter its 1st person model to have an ECC pack instead of a MFC, and its word model to do the same thing...

how to turn down, or turn off, its chain projectile effects...

oh, and for the record, i have all the DLC, so if something exists in another DLC that i can use somehow, dont be afraid to share that. and, for megalomaniacal reasons, i dont want to just use someone else's mod..

I think the chain projectile effect is caused by an object spawned by the explosion, so if you change the explosion then it should remove the effect.

The way guns work in Fallout 3 is that a Weapon has an option to spawn a projectile, the projectile has the option to spawn an explosion, then the explosion has an option to spawn a placed object. I'm not sure how you've got your rifle set up, but you'll probably need to make a new version of the tesla projectile, and set that as the projectile your new rifle shoots. Then make a new version of the pulse explosion, changing the radius and damage, and set that new explosion as the explosion caused by your new projectile. There should be an option in the weapon menu somewhere to change the ammo type and clip size, but that won't alter the physical model or animation of course. Oh, also, both the weapon and explosion can have enchantments, I'm not sure what enchantments take effect if something is hit only by the explosion though.

Hope this helps.

Can you submit a picture in the image share section for what this would look like? It sounds interesting and like a great idea (not to mention powerful as all getout). Edited by QuinnMallory45