Custom & retextured armours.

Squeecky

Right, using a video, I got some results. It was a test run before reading your reply, sorry!
ZMO9FhH.jpg

ipaeavV.jpg

That was actually really fun to do, also. :D

Now let's see what you saiddd..

1 & 2: Check. :smile:
3 - 6: used photoshop, but it worked great-- thanks a bunch! <3

New folder? Okay. Will do that.

What's the material edittor?
Damnit, this is where I start losing it again >. < I'm such an idiot, sigh.
I didn't get any of that, 8 to 11.

Yeah I got nothing past 6.. :tongue: That was just overwhelming and confusing for me, sorry. :/

What BA2 files would I be extracting, exactly? I'm so confused.

Edit: I got the material edittor but the rest is still very confusing. >.<

Edited by Squeecky

Material editor is a small program on the nexusmods, just type material editor in the search bar...

You need all the game files with the extention ba2 that hold meshes, material files and textures... they should be in the data folder or one folder above... if you extract them in the fo4 folder, if will overwrite any and all texture replacements you had... and if you do not save the dds files with a new name, you will create a texture replacement...

Now, to make a standalone version of the outfit with the new texture, you need to make a material file that links to the new textures, and than youse outfit studio to link that material file to the mesh... it works with both outfits and items... you can do it with nifscope, but doing it with outfit studio it is much less complicated...

Using a new folder is for your own comfort, that way you can bundle all the new files in one place... I have a folder called Yulliah in meshes, textures and materials... in those folders there is folder with the name of my mod, and inside are the materials, textures and meshes for that mod... it’s mainly for organisational purposes...

And if you later change the location of either the material files or the textures, you need to re-link them through material editor and outfit studio...

Before we’re putting the items/outfits in game, the structure is; mesh (nif file) holds the information to the material file that it should use, and the material file holds the information of the textures it should use...

Yeah, I guess I'm just an utter idiot. I can find the files you're talking about well enough, as in-- the ones to download.. But I just can't figure out anything you're saying. A bunch of things I know nothing about. I thought it'd been easier, make some armours have the same colour as army fatigues, slap a logo on.. But, nope-- or maybe it is easy and I'm just stupid, it's possible enough. I have no idea where to start with what you said. I guess thank you for trying, but I just don't get it. The abraxo was easy enough, but that's a prop and it was an easy thing to do. None of this is being processed by my brain.

I have no idea how to explain it any other way... But no, it isn’t easy... the mod you are suggesting is easily over 5 hours of work if you know what you’re doing... This is why other modders and myself don’t see ourselves doing it when it is so personalized for 1 person... if you DO want to learn how to mod, watch my tutorial on how to turn retextures into standalone mods:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfA6049ewg