problem editing my own NPC follower

skyone

i have this problem:

1 - i create a new NPC Follower with the Creation Kit

2- i test it on game, all ok ecxept the face texture (known issue)

3- i go back to the Creation Kit, select my NPC, press CTRL+F4 and create textures/meshes (face look ok now)

4- the NPC Follower works fine, textures OK, follower options OK!

now the problem:

a) i open again the NPC with the Creation Kit to edit any option,

b) then i (must) save it with another name,

c) i load it into the game but now he is not anymore a Follower! i lost any follower options in the dialogue, why that??

I am not sure I'm following. When you say 'open' the NPC in the Creation Kit, you are simply opening the task window to edit the NPC? I really don't understand why you would have to rename the NPC upon saving, that shouldn't be happening.

If you try editing a existing NPC, does this still happen?

I am not sure I'm following. When you say 'open' the NPC in the Creation Kit, you are simply opening the task window to edit the NPC? I really don't understand why you would have to rename the NPC upon saving, that shouldn't be happening.

If you try editing a existing NPC, does this still happen?

i start Creation Kit, then i go to File->Data and i load my own NPC plugin to edit

when finished i must save it with another name because it says that plugin is in use and i can't use the same name...

i am doing something wrong?

i SOLVED my problem , i got the answer from another topic

i write here the solution if someone have the same issue

if you need to edit a second time your created NPC plugin but when you save get the error ""File name.esp is a master file or is in use. Please select another file to save to"

Set the .esp file you wish to edit as the active file when you try to load a plugin.

after saving the file i must open again it, this time not as active, select the object, press CTRL+F4 and create textures/meshes

Edited by skyone