On Diablo 3

Tamujiin

Okiee, just so you people know i prefer to keep things positive. So if you hate diablo or anything related DONT POST ANYTHING here.

okay to begin, i hope gameplay remains the same, the exit game and save thing is great cause stuff respawns. better experiance, in multi-player i hope they make it more

" effective " to kill hordes instead of bosses to gain experance. i hated doing cow runs and Boss runs.........

The expansions could be extremly popular if blizzard does it like L.O.D new character classes, levels ect. And instead of only 4-5 acts it would seem to mee feasable and worth it to add about 10 or so......

if you have anything to add feel free just remeber please remain positive. dont post you hate all and anything diablo............

And the equipment stuff........Needs alot more graphical change with various equipment. More variety too.

But you do know it has been 10 years since D2 came out...............10 years can add alot to the next installment of one of the greatest PC games of all time ( if not thee )

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a question from someone that played Diablo (original) and got frustrated with the poorness of features and easy to cheat system. So I haven't played any sequel and maybe I just denied myself something good.

Blizzard with Starcraft created the most balanced RTS I ever saw. Even warcraft is a nowadays must (although someway it got a little downhill). So I think they have the knowhow to clean the aforementioned issues.

The question is: what is new in Diablo II, what is new or expected in diablo III ?

Just a question from someone that played Diablo (original) and got frustrated with the poorness of features and easy to cheat system. So I haven't played any sequel and maybe I just denied myself something good.

Blizzard with Starcraft created the most balanced RTS I ever saw. Even warcraft is a nowadays must (although someway it got a little downhill). So I think they have the knowhow to clean the aforementioned issues.

The question is: what is new in Diablo II, what is new or expected in diablo III ?

Diablo II basically improved on the original. Wider variety of equipment, revamped the skill/spell system so that every character isn't almost the same, made it so that you can run and move around faster, allowed more potions to be stored in belt, changed the inventory around so that you aren't filling up inventory space with gold, added a stash to store your items, added socketed items which players can customize with gems, jewels, or runes. Added runewords which can totally change how a character is played. Added a container-like item which allows for some items to be re-rolled, upgraded, and more. Added more randomly generated areas, including mostly outdoor areas, introduced a waypoint system for easy access between the fields and town. More bosses and unique encounters.

One could only believe that the same sort of trend will continue. From the preview videos, looks like boss battles will be more fun than the usual "smack, smack, dead." which is good in one respect, but not too good in others.

As far as cheats and exploits, most of those still exist in D2, probably even to a greater degree when you count hacked items which can make you pretty much unkillable. But most of these things are only possible in single player, or open multiplayer. On the closed servers where all character files are stored on Blizzard's servers, the only sort of cheats that can be done will get you banned. Single player, or anywhere that the character files are stored on the computer will always have some element of people cheating. This is why most who play D2 online, either do it through a closed connection with friends they trust, or use the official servers. Although there is something to be said about having a level 1 character that can 1 hit kill all the bosses in hell difficulty.

I just want to be able to play it on my own computer, by myself. I play most RPGs because I love a well-told story, so single player is all i'm really interested in(RPG wise).

• 2 weeks later...

D2 was not that better than D1, it was better cause now you could run :D D1 is better than D2 cause it has that dark creepy atmosphere, makes you nervous... Remember the Butcher, what was your reaction when you saw his lair? I was like "I am done for!" but can you remember that kind of scene in D2?

Dont get me wrong, I still play D1 and D2 and the expansions, but D2 is more hack n slash, D1 is a bit creepier...

Archived