collapsing meshes?

AlphaWoIF

some times when im rigging models and i load an animation to test the rigging out i get this issue where meshes look collapsed does anybody know what causes this to happen

and point me in the right direction of steps to correct it .

as you can see in the pic the left thigh, right upper arm and hand are totally collapsed.

http://i48.tinypic.com/33c5b9f.png

ive had this issue before when i used skinwrap while rigging similar armours of previous ones i already rigged for my mod, but this mesh is just being straight rigged to the werewolf skel

& its never happend this way before.

thing is the other arm is at the same weights but lowering the weight ong the affected side makes the mes expand but leaves it not weighted enough and not moving with the arm 100%.

bone effect limit?

Check that no any other bone is affecting that area, some times happend that some envelopes affect a wide area, this happend to me with the legs when the armor use a skirt.

I have been trying to solve this issue still and even went as fas as manually re-skining it without using skinwrap

and i still ran in to the same problem where even a weight of 0.08 started to collapse the mesh . sometimes messing around exploded them and some other recent models are also having the problem .

But i clicked the ignore bone scale box in the advanced parameters tab and boom they instantly go as they should.

could this have anything to do with the fact that the imported obj meshes im rigging were scaled a lot to the size of skyrim meshed as they were so tiny ?.

was there some kind of mesh scale bone-scale mismatch.

Edited by AlphaWoIF

Could be a reason but i still have doubts about that been ur problem, u can try with another model with diferent scale and see if that is rly the problem.

could this have anything to do with the fact that the imported obj meshes im rigging were scaled a lot to the size of skyrim meshed as they were so tiny ?.

RESET XFORM! it's like a mantra..

If you do any transforms in the object level like rotations and scale, those are stored in the meshes transform matrix, to zero that out reset xform and then collapse the stack before rigging.

In fact you need to reset xform before you do s*** like UV as it'll apply those transforms to UV functions, if you had done non uniform scale then the UVs will be slightly wonky. Also some game engines will break collision objects at export if they have non uniform scales stored in their matrix.

Pretty sure it isn't your issue though.

• 1 month later...