An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

I'm trying to point out that the reason the NCR didn't take the dam by force was because they knew of the Legion and didn't want too waste troops, not because they felt like being nice to Mr. House. If I remember correctly Mr. House says in game that the NCR could have defeated his army at Hoover Dam but it would leave them weaken and open for attack by the Legion when they show up.

Please don't take that word for word as I'm paraphrasing.

You already have evidence that they *did* move into teh dam, shortly after the scouts located it. It was never a question of them holding back because they would have been weakened, they waltzed right in. So I'm really not too sure what your basing your assertion on.....??

"In 2274, Hoover Dam was taken by the New California Republic (NCR) when the first NCR scouts arrived at Hoover Dam.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bit of a bummer, but I understand. Could it be possible to move Royez too another location, possibly have him in command of Hidden Valley? He could mention that he was in command of a checkpoint a long the Long 15 before being moved too Hidden Valley, this would give the player the impression that it's not destroyed.

I think he's a ghoul isn't he? Well maybe Lucia could do some of her NPC magic and make a credible human face that resembles the wiki.

I'm not completely ruling out the Long 15, it just might be more trouble than it's worth. Might be easier to make a new worldspace. I'll just have to look it over to be sure. I didn't nuke the NCR so I don't really have any first hand experience with it.

Re-My Legion Mod

1. Love and appreciate the work you guys are putting into making "Viva New Vegas" a reality.

2. About the "alien side quest aka deus ex machina"(I have no experience about scripting):

If you were going to do a separate mini-world/setting set after Legion ending, imo it would have been nice to go back to the Mojave anytime, and doing both a new world space and alter Mojave (even if it is based on the base mod) would be huge. So I was thinking (Similar how you start "Old World Blues") you could teleport back to the Mojave without making it "Pro-Legion". (Spare development time) Hence why I came up with the "Alien device alternative universe thingy" to explain why the Mojave hasn't changed. I know it was "cheap", but was only trying to help the development team/spare time.

Why i want a new world space/setting for Legion? Imo, it would be better for the Legion ending, than ex Independent where you can "build" your own nation/rebuild Mojave.

3. Pro-Legion Honest Hearts:

As devin said, imo, I think it would be better (if it was made) that it would be its own mod.

4. Dead Money Elijah Ending:

I see what u mean devin, I just mentioned it so you guys could consider it. Thought the idea was interesting.

Edited by PleaseHelpMeWithThis

That's a bit of a bummer, but I understand. Could it be possible to move Royez too another location, possibly have him in command of Hidden Valley? He could mention that he was in command of a checkpoint a long the Long 15 before being moved too Hidden Valley, this would give the player the impression that it's not destroyed.

I think he's a ghoul isn't he? Well maybe Lucia could do some of her NPC magic and make a credible human face that resembles the wiki.

I'm not completely ruling out the Long 15, it just might be more trouble than it's worth. Might be easier to make a new worldspace. I'll just have to look it over to be sure. I didn't nuke the NCR so I don't really have any first hand experience with it.

In game he is a Marked Man, which are different than Ghouls. In the Wiki it also states he's a marked man. Personally I don't know the difference other than their skin is different but it has been a while since I've played Lonesome Road.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Royez

In game he is a Marked Man, which are different than Ghouls. In the Wiki it also states he's a marked man. Personally I don't know the difference other than their skin is different but it has been a while since I've played Lonesome Road.

He's human and if you nuke him he become a "Marked Man" which is another sort of ghoul.

He's human and if you nuke him he become a "Marked Man" which is another sort of ghoul.

When I travel too the Long 15 before I nuke it he's still a Marked Man

And is Long 15 destroyed? and many ghouls/marked men around?...

Sorry I thought you meant he turns a Mark Man after the nuking. Derp.

Pretty much like the FO3 outcasts (primarily disagreements about doctrine) or would Hardin's personal desire for power corrupt the chapter. I also think he might have been one of the characters Sawyer changed to evil karma (kind of makes sense as he was willing to off his Elder).

I don't know where you got you the idea that Hardin was willing to kill McNamara in order to become elder but if the player helps Hardin become the new elder then McNamara is demoted to knight in the main game. Hardin's plan to become elder wasn't from a desire for personal power, he just found McNamara to be a poor leader. When overhearing conversations from Brotherhood members we know that McNamara had previously saved Hardin's life (presumably at HELIOS One) and would not openly challenge him because of this. This is why Hardin had asked the player to help him remove McNamara as elder by looking into Brotherhood computer records and researching the dismissals of previous elders during the quest Still In The Dark.

I feel like we're going to need more substance post restoration, otherwise it's just going to be a striking change of the DLC to very little purpose. It doesn't even have to be grand major quests but just stuff similar to what you'd do in the vanilla game on the strip and in freeside.

I remember that you had a quest in mind where the player can rescue Christine from some Circle of Steel agents and reunite her with Veronica. Couldn't we use that as material we can add for an expansion to Dead Money? Other than killing the ghost people and removing the cloud I don't think there is much else that can be done with Dead Money. Maybe a small quest to rescue some treasure hunters from the ghost people? Judging by the wiki entry on the ghost people it seems that the means used to increase their population are similar to the super mutants from Fallout 3 except it would be severe exposure to the cloud instead of FEV.

OK so Marcus is philosophically opposed to the idea. But we can als bet, that in the NCR mod, the player is going to be tasked with convincing them to join if at all possible. I agree that Marcus wouldn't risk alienating the nightkin unless he has very good reason. But we also know that in some endings Keen leaves. So I think there is wiggle room there if the NCR can make it worth their while. And they *are* the most "reformed" mutants I'v ever seen.

I don't think the taxes are going to be a problem, Marcus seems to rule by law, but I'm sure there are points/aspects of racism that will be a constant problem.

And they can still be a sancutary for super mutants under a provincial town, in fact that's probably as far as they would get in the process with teh time span we're looking at in this mod.

I'm sorry but I'm still not convinced in the idea of annexing Jacobstown for the NCR. I just don't see any benefit for either side in annexing Jacobstown. I doubt that the super mutants would need to rely on the NCR's protection since they are already capable of protecting their own home. Regarding the taxes situation I would think that the typical super mutant in Jacobstown never had any need for money before and being suddenly asked to cough up money for "stupid humans" would not go down well with the majority. The bighorners are a resource for Jacobstown but it's not like it's the only place in the Mojave where one can find them.

There are six endings for Jacobstown which are dependent on the quest Guess Who I Saw Today, passing a speech check with Keene, passing a science check with Dr Henry and Marcus being alive. Sorry for this being a long post again but I will try to shorten it as much as I can.

Ending 1: If Marcus dies then all super mutants and nightkin will abandon Jacobstown.

Ending 2: Completing the quest and passing both speech and science checks will result in a cure for for the nightkin and result in more mutants arriving. With Jacobstown recognized as a haven for mutants this would be considered the best outcome.

Ending 3: Completing the quest and killing Keene would result in a cure being found but it would be a case of too little, too late. Disgruntled over the death of their leader the nightkin will leave Jacobstown and scattering into the wasteland with their sanity getting worse. Jacobstown will be constantly on guard for anti mutant reprisals and never truly prosper.

Ending 4: Completing the quest, failing the speech check (but allow Keene to leave) and passing the science check will result in the same scenario as 3 but with Keene leading the nightkin and terrorizing the Mojave.

Ending 5: Completing the quest, passing the speech check and failing or ignoring the science check will result in the cure taking a longer time to be found. More nightkin are persuaded to move to Jacobstown and it becomes a fair but intimidating place for a trader to do business.

Ending 6: Completing the quest, failing both checks or ignoring the quest altogether will result in no cure being found, all nightkin leaving Jacobstown and terrorizing the Mojave when their sanity deteriorates. After further reprisals by mutant hating humans, the rest of the mutants will eventually abandon Jacobstown.

Edited by Devilman1975

And is Long 15 destroyed? and many ghouls/marked men around?...

Sorry I thought you meant he turns a Mark Man after the nuking. Derp.

Wait, what?? He's human before you nuke the Long 15 (Don't think a normal ghoul can transform into a Marked Man). When you nuke the Long 15, everything's destroyed and he becomes a Marked Man by the radiation.