An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Our previous Legate conversation

But specifically on the term Legate you could historically have more than one. There was one for each major region back in the Roman empire, and Caesar *should* be aware of this (it's not an obscure fact especially for a anthropologists). So we should keep in mind the possibility of at least a legate for the east where the legion also has an active (if I'v read the wiki correctly) campaign of expansion. They seem to be very busy in the 4 corner states, not sure about the other compass points

I believe that while Caesar based the Legion on the old Roman empire, I'm sure that he made some changes along the way. Even though there were multiple Legates historically I believe that ending more Legates to the game would cheapen the position itself. We knew that the first Legate was Joshua who was also a founding member which to me indicate the position of Legate being given the right hand man. While it may be possible to see a new Legate if Caesar and Lanius were killed I just don't think it would be a good idea to add more Legates in a Legion version.

I'll go into the Legion more over in the Legion thread that you've put up. I'll have another look into the Legion endings on the wiki.

Re: New threads

Good idea to make separate threads for each faction ending. Would it be possible to rename the threads with the Viva New Vegas name added to it? It would give people a good idea to know about the mod as this has gone from a simple request to a community based project to create the New Vegas version of Broken Steel.

Re: Our previous Legate conversation

I'll bounce this over and meet you in the legion thread as well

Re: New threads

Good idea to make separate threads for each faction ending. Would it be possible to rename the threads with the Viva New Vegas name added to it? It would give people a good idea to know about the mod as this has gone from a simple request to a community based project to create the New Vegas version of Broken Steel.

I'll try, but I may be unable to edit teh thread title because of the way the board organizes it's URL. Changing the title (and thus chaning the url) may break links.

In regards to the offer to permit annexation I would like to see it featured in the Independent NCR war version of Viva New Vegas. I can see this being an option when every thing has turned pear shaped for the player.

Hmmmm maybe It would fit in with a NCR friendly independent. The player would still have some of the Ind options. Since s/he would own the strip, there could still be the resource management aspect of fortifying and providing for the strip. And there are some advantages. For instance the NCR is going to be a heck of a lot friendlier to you, than the standard Ind ending. You wouldn't be tasked with protecting other areas of the Mojave (in the Ind you'd have to protect *at least* Hoover, but practically speaking a whole lot more outside of NV), the NCR and their resources would carry that burden.

But they would have the whole power and water thing sort of hanging over your head if relations ever went bad. And your probably going to have to pay for both even when relations are good (although I suspect it's a reasonable expense when you factor in the caps you'll get from the strip).

I don't know, what do you think?

Ooops, offer to permit annexation;

Found an interesting piece of cut content, "Offer to permit annexation" wherein Robert House accepts annexation in 1 year but retains ownership of the Lucky 38 and sole proprietorship (but not sovereignty) of the strip.

Not sure what we can do with it, but I'd love to implement it. I think that would be an interesting way of preserving a lot of the character of NV.

Ooops, offer to permit annexation;

Found an interesting piece of cut content, "Offer to permit annexation" wherein Robert House accepts annexation in 1 year but retains ownership of the Lucky 38 and sole proprietorship (but not sovereignty) of the strip.

Not sure what we can do with it, but I'd love to implement it. I think that would be an interesting way of preserving a lot of the character of NV.

I could see a problem arising with conversations not matching up with the players actions in game.

I could see a problem arising with conversations not matching up with the players actions in game.

Sorry, run that by me again

In order to get past certain points in the game certain NPCs have to die (House for example). It could cause certain conversations to contradict actions the player has done.

As I mentioned in the previous House annexation msg in the NCR NV thread;

Bit trickier since it's only an option for peeps that have this mod loaded before "For the Republic 2".

Because that's where your tasked with killing House. Being cut content we have to implement it in our mod or a separate mod, before the questline utilizes it.