An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

I do like the idea of eyebots. Kinda bummed they'r so freak'n rare compared to the capital wastes.....but ED-E's sheer awesomeness balances that out. There were supposed to be some at the Sarsprilla HQ, but they got cut.

And I like the idea of a an eyebot courier.

But with them being so rare it might be best if there was only one. We could treat it as a bit of a zany encounter, name him/her/it courier 0 and have the little guy always racing past the courier, leaving the player way behind in it's dust (if you have the WW trait we could also do a little of the warner bros audio, like the roadrunner sounds). The comical theme here being that the little dude is *everywhere*.

As far as the origin, it could be a roving trader sales a standard eyebot or that Nash or someone gets hold of, and repairs a sunset one. If the player has the bos eyebot army, some may be damage and lost...later showing up on the open market.

I could see the NCR military using them as couriers as it would be safer and faster. As for civilian use within the NCR I'd imagine they wouldn't be used nearly as much since it would take away a lot of jobs, but that's not to say they wouldn't be used at all.

Definitely. The NCR has bots, but they are few and far between (acording to teh whiki), but they do use whatever they can. So starting about page 57 of this thread Luciao and I began discussing a roving trader at hoover city that sold bots, and developed teh idea of some being used by the NCR. I made an antique model and this would play the official NCR radio station (has a lot of news about the president, the senate, border regions and goings ons in the core, public safety announcements, military vicotories and news etc etc).

While I agree that Eyebots are rare in the Mojave area I don't think that should be a reason to limit them.

The Eyebots were originally invented by RobCo (not the Enclave) so I don't see why House wouldn't have the schematics for them. I don't think they were sold to the general public before the Great War happened. We see more Eyebots in Lonesome Road which would indicate that they were sold to the military and probably explains where the Enclave got them from. When House designed his Securitron vault before the war I would think that he would have considered it important to provide a means of manufacturing more robots which include all models ever developed by RobCo with the exception of Liberty Prime (was a joint effort with another company and is too big to built in a normal factory).

So basically, in the NCR, Independent and House versions the player's chosen faction would have the means of manufacturing more robots. If that's not enough there's already an abandoned robot factory (unless players already have RobCo Certified installed) Cerulean Robotics in Freeside.

In regards to the Brotherhood Eyebots, I don't see why the player can't offer the data that was stored in Ed-E to the Brotherhood later on. The Followers of the Apocalypse may have retrieved the data instead of copying it but I don't see why they would refuse the Courier a copy of the data if the player has a good reputation with them. It's also not in the Followers nature to horde tech like the Brotherhood.

I usually choose to give Ed-E to the Followers instead of the Brotherhood in the main game since it's a choice between giving it to a group that wants to help people or to a group that wants to horde tech and have no inclination to help people. It's only because I like Veronica and that Elder McNamara seems like a reasonable person that I agree to help out the Brotherhood out later on.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the idea of eyebots. Kinda bummed they'r so freak'n rare compared to the capital wastes.....but ED-E's sheer awesomeness balances that out. There were supposed to be some at the Sarsprilla HQ, but they got cut.

And I like the idea of a an eyebot courier.

But with them being so rare it might be best if there was only one. We could treat it as a bit of a zany encounter, name him/her/it courier 0 and have the little guy always racing past the courier, leaving the player way behind in it's dust (if you have the WW trait we could also do a little of the warner bros audio, like the roadrunner sounds). The comical theme here being that the little dude is *everywhere*.

As far as the origin, it could be a roving trader sales a standard eyebot or that Nash or someone gets hold of, and repairs a sunset one. If the player has the bos eyebot army, some may be damage and lost...later showing up on the open market.

I could see the NCR military using them as couriers as it would be safer and faster. As for civilian use within the NCR I'd imagine they wouldn't be used nearly as much since it would take away a lot of jobs, but that's not to say they wouldn't be used at all.

Definitely. The NCR has bots, but they are few and far between (acording to teh whiki), but they do use whatever they can. So starting about page 57 of this thread Luciao and I began discussing a roving trader at hoover city that sold bots, and developed teh idea of some being used by the NCR. I made an antique model and this would play the official NCR radio station (has a lot of news about the president, the senate, border regions and goings ons in the core, public safety announcements, military vicotories and news etc etc).

While I agree that Eyebots are rare in the Mojave area I don't think that should be a reason to limit them.

The Eyebots were originally invented by RobCo (not the Enclave) so I don't see why House wouldn't have the schematics for them. I don't think they were sold to the general public before the Great War happened. We see more Eyebots in Lonesome Road which would indicate that they were sold to the military and probably explains where the Enclave got them from. When House designed his Securitron vault before the war I would think that he would have considered it important to provide a means of manufacturing more robots which include all models ever developed by RobCo with the exception of Liberty Prime (was a joint effort with another company and is too big to built in a normal factory).

So basically, in the NCR, Independent and House versions the player's chosen faction would have the means of manufacturing more robots. If that's not enough there's already an abandoned robot factory (unless players already have RobCo Certified installed) Cerulean Robotics in Freeside.

I may be mistaken but can't the securitron vault at the fort make robots? It would be cool to see Cerulean Robotics factory open up and have it running and making robots for the military.

Edited by sgtKraigO

The bot looks cool but maybe have an armour upgraded ED-E with the large entente instead because the one you're currently using is a prototype tv :tongue:

Yes and that is the whole point (it wasn't chosen by accident), it provides two advantages; It shows the NCR will use whatever it can, with the bot being available in the local area at Repconn head quarters. Plus it has a screen to show various news stories on.

Your suggestion that the NCR have a upgraded duraframe bot is well beyond their ability.

As for a roaming radio I'm some what against that due to everyone already owning a radio and I'm against the NCR government owning them as this would seem eerily similar to the Enclaves propaganda methods used on the east coast.

That would be like suggesting that the U.S. shouldn't have radio because the Russians use radio for propaganda purposes. You blame/judge the content not the medium used to communicate it.

Maybe instead of the government owning the radio eyebots have a news organization that leases them out to various towns in and around NCR territory. You could have some in Primm, Novac, the Strip, Nipton, and South Vegas (later 2 would depend on whether or not they've been re-populated of course).

Bots are rare in the NCR but a civilian newsgroups leases them out? Yeah I think that is somewhat unlikely.

Actually (and this isn't being pedantic, but rather goes right to the heart of the matter), it does, it's the definition of rare.

When House designed his Securitron vault before the war I would think that he would have considered it important to provide a means of manufacturing more robots which include all models ever developed by RobCo with the exception of Liberty Prime (was a joint effort with another company and is too big to built in a normal factory).

I'd have to do some research and see if there is any indication for pointing to such a facility, I don't recall anything at the moment. The key here is that even though House expected the apocalypse it came earlier than he thought (as evidenced by his loss of the chip) and as such he may not have had opportunity to harden a factories defenses against a nuclear strike when the bombs fell. There are sounds that some have interperted as securitrons being assembled in their vault.

I wouldn't assume that, nor wouold we necessarily want that for game balance purposes. In addition Cerulean robotics is woefully under equipped to produce bots, being a small scale civilian robotics sex shop. There's not much in there other than a terminal and four broken protedctrons as well as fisto.

In regards to the Brotherhood Eyebots, I don't see why the player can't offer the data that was stored in Ed-E to the Brotherhood later on. The Followers of the Apocalypse may have retrieved the data instead of copying it but I don't see why they would refuse the Courier a copy of the data if the player has a good reputation with them. It's also not in the Followers nature to horde tech like the Brotherhood.

Yeah I'm not too sure, it may be that the followers did erase the info, I'll try and look into it. Perhaps a additional quest for a second upgrade to everyones favorite super eyebot.

I usually choose to give Ed-E to the Followers instead of the Brotherhood in the main game since it's a choice between giving it to a group that wants to help people or to a group that wants to horde tech and have no inclination to help people. It's only because I like Veronica and that Elder McNamara seems like a reasonable person that I agree to help out the Brotherhood out later on.

As do I (followers), but it sucks. I would love to have me some baby ed-es racing around the wasteland.

The bot looks cool but maybe have an armour upgraded ED-E with the large entente instead because the one you're currently using is a prototype tv :tongue:

Yes and that is the whole point (it wasn't chosen by accident), it provides two advantages; It shows the NCR will use whatever it can, with the bot being available in the local area at Repconn head quarters. Plus it has a screen to show various news stories on.

Your suggestion that the NCR have a upgraded duraframe bot is well beyond their ability.

But it's unknown and I think safe to assume the NCR doesn't have tv's. We don't see any cameras at hoover dam when Kimball makes his speech, only microphones. As for the upgraded duraframe, I am only suggesting that for aesthetics purposes. Although I imagine if a BoS member in hidden valley could slap on some armour a team the NCR could as well.

As for a roaming radio I'm some what against that due to everyone already owning a radio and I'm against the NCR government owning them as this would seem eerily similar to the Enclaves propaganda methods used on the east coast.

That would be like suggesting that the U.S. shouldn't have radio because the Russians use radio for propaganda purposes. You blame/judge the content not the medium used to communicate it.

My point was that A) there wouldn't be a need for the NCR to broadcast propaganda through the eyebots since a lot of people have access to radios, and B) the NCR has a free market system, so it would be better to set a news company.

Side note: It would be cool if there were 2 new radio stations. 1 is a large news company within the NCR that makes the player out to be a saint even if they're evil, as long as they support the player, if the player doing a non-NCR character then they will make them out to be a horrible person. The other station could be Lone Wolf Radio that is run by 1-2 people who will support the player if they are doing good deeds but are not afraid to criticizes the player for doing bad deeds. For the pro-NCR radio station I can't think of any quests but for the Lone Wolf Radio station I was thinking of a quest that would expand their broadcast range to ouside of the Mojave.

But it's unknown and I think safe to assume the NCR doesn't have tv's. We don't see any cameras at hoover dam when Kimball makes his speech, only microphones.

Oh I have no problem believing the NCR has video cameras, I don't think it's beyond their technological ability at all, in fact they probably just scavenge them.

As for the upgraded duraframe, I am only suggesting that for aesthetics purposes. Although I imagine if a BoS member in hidden valley could slap on some armour a team the NCR could as well.

Ummm no, the BOS is significantly more advanced than the NCR.

My point was that A) there wouldn't be a need for the NCR to broadcast propaganda through the eyebots since a lot of people have access to radios,

As does everyone in the capital wasteland (have a radio). In addition it's interesting to have the bot playing music and news in the strip, as most wastelanders don't have portables in their pocket.

and B) the NCR has a free market system, so it would be better to set a news company.

? That's like saying the American Forces Network (AFN) should be run by a civilian company. I'm sure they could have additinal civilian stations if some civilians set up one from somewhere in the core or other undiscovered station.

Side note: It would be cool if there were 2 new radio stations. 1 is a large news company within the NCR that makes the player out to be a saint even if they're evil, as long as they support the player, if the player doing a non-NCR character then they will make them out to be a horrible person. The other station could be Lone Wolf Radio that is run by 1-2 people who will support the player if they are doing good deeds but are not afraid to criticizes the player for doing bad deeds. For the pro-NCR radio station I can't think of any quests but for the Lone Wolf Radio station I was thinking of a quest that would expand their broadcast range to ouside of the Mojave.

We can do something like that to set various vars to trigger radio dialog, I think that already happens with the NCR radio, so I can take a look at how they set it up.

I wouldn't assume that, nor wouold we necessarily want that for game balance purposes. In addition Cerulean robotics is woefully under equipped to produce bots, being a small scale civilian robotics sex shop. There's not much in there other than a terminal and four broken protedctrons as well as fisto.

But that could work. Being that small and unable to mass produce robots would allow for the production of eyebots but puts a limit. As for the robotics sex shop, the Protectrons being made there are normal Protectrons, it's just they could be programmed to do other things as well. In this case it happened to be for someones fetish.

But that could work. Being that small and unable to mass produce robots would allow for the production of eyebots but puts a limit. As for the robotics sex shop, the Protectrons being made there are normal Protectrons, it's just they could be programmed to do other things as well. In this case it happened to be for someones fetish.

I could be wrong here, but the small abandoned factory Devilman was refeering to *is* Cerulean Robotics. I can't think of any other in the vanilla game.

But it's unknown and I think safe to assume the NCR doesn't have tv's. We don't see any cameras at hoover dam when Kimball makes his speech, only microphones.

Oh I have no problem believing the NCR has video cameras, I don't think it's beyond their technological ability at all, in fact they probably just scavenge them.

I have a difficult time imagining there being working TVs. The only time we actually see them are in the intro of F1 and the F3 trailer. Both of which are in destroyed buildings, and left on for unknown length of time, and with no known source of power running them. Even if you do decide to use the TV version of the eyebot you couldn't have the tv show anything so people may get the impression that the screen doesn't work and they're just using the speakers. Also there is only 1 known tv eyebot and it's a prototype on display so I can't imagine there being any more.

As for the upgraded duraframe, I am only suggesting that for aesthetics purposes. Although I imagine if a BoS member in hidden valley could slap on some armour a team the NCR could as well.

Ummm no, the BOS is significantly more advanced than the NCR.

I will agree that the BoS is more advanced than the NCR, no doubt about it. But I think the NCR could manage with putting on additional armour on a robot. Besides that's not the point I'm making, I'm trying to say that the look of it should be used since it (in my opinion) looks nicer than the others. They're going to be recently made so it wouldn't make sense to have beaten up and rusty eyebots floating around.

and B) the NCR has a free market system, so it would be better to set a news company.

? That's like saying the American Forces Network (AFN) should be run by a civilian company. I'm sure they could have additinal civilian stations if some civilians set up one from somewhere in the core or other undiscovered station.

I'm not familiar with the AFN. The reason behind why I think it should be ran by a civilian news company is because it would be for the civilian populace in a free market society. You could have a 3rd radio station that's more directed towards the armed forces and mentions some battles against raiders/Legion. Maybe the player can choose what station the eyebots are playing.

I could be wrong here, but the small abandoned factory Devilman was refeering to *is* Cerulean Robotics. I can't think of any other in the vanilla game.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Cerulean_Robotics

It would work perfectly for the production of eyebots for military and civilian purposes. It's small enough to limit the numbers produced but if well managed could produce enough.