An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

I understand that people need to suspend their sense of disbelief in regards to sci fi and games but there is a limit. Just because the player can have Ed-E carry a minigun, plasma caster and gatling laser in the game doesn't mean that eyebots should be able to carry huge loads. As for Nash wanting the eyebots to carry more stuff it's worth noting that couriers are only expected to carry messages and small packages.

Edited by Devilman1975

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that people need to suspend their sense of disbelief in regards to sci fi and games but there is a limit. Just because the player can have Ed-E can carry a minigun, plasma caster and gatling laser in the game doesn't mean that eyebots should be able to carry huge loads. As for Nash wanting the eyebots to carry more stuff it's worth noting that couriers are only expected to carry messages and small packages.

? not really sure that an dufflbag is a huge load, it's a matter of opinion I suppose, but since you can sling one over the shoulder of your average human I don't consider it extreme. Re: the packages I imagine they carry whatever they are contracted to, for example the hardware package the courier brought into the divide. But that's probably a matter of opinion, so each to their own. But the point here is that you can fit a lot more small packages into a large bag, it doesn't have to be a single large object.

And heck, maybe I won't even have time to work on it, even if I wanted to. Or maybe I'll just throw the dufflebag version on, to save time. No rush I can figure that out later. By then we may have a better choice anyway.

The more I think of this the more I question how the NCR would be able to build the energy weapon and why don't they use the Eyebots for more patrolling/scouting roles. I think we should remove the weapon, maybe add a little more armour and mention some where in the dialog that the NCR can't make the weapon so they just use them as messengers and scouting rough terrain.

The more I think of this the more I question how the NCR would be able to build the energy weapon and why don't they use the Eyebots for more patrolling/scouting roles. I think we should remove the weapon, maybe add a little more armour and mention some where in the dialog that the NCR can't make the weapon so they just use them as messengers and scouting rough terrain.

Even the divide eyebots (repair, medical etc) with the multitool attachment (instead of a gun) still have weapons (arc wielder, green zap gun). I don't think there would be any reason to remove them...wouldn't really add anything special to the model. I mean I guess you could say the weapons broke, but not sure that would net you anything interesting if your not replacing it with something unique.

Even the divide eyebots (repair, medical etc) with the multitool attachment (instead of a gun) still have weapons (arc wielder, green zap gun). I don't think there would be any reason to remove them...wouldn't really add anything special to the model. I mean I guess you could say the weapons broke, but not sure that would net you anything interesting if your not replacing it with something unique.

Those were built by automated machines that have been programmed to make military robots. These would be humans (for the most part) on an assembly line building them and the NCR, or who ever takes over Cerulean Robotics (as far as I'm aware) wouldn't know how to make energy weapons.

Also for the civilian model, since it would mostly be used for broadcasting radios in towns and delivering messages that people couldn't do because of distance and/or time, why would they need weapons? These things will be moving up and down the main street of the town or zipping through the wastes going from point A to B.

Edited by sgtKraigO

Those were built by automated machines that have been programmed to make military robots. These would be humans (for the most part) on an assembly line building them and the NCR, or who ever takes over Cerulean Robotics (as far as I'm aware) wouldn't know how to make energy weapons.

? I don't think anyone except for maybe enclave or BOS can build *new* eyebots. :confused:

Also for the civilian model, since it would mostly be used for broadcasting radios in towns and delivering messages that people couldn't do because of distance and/or time, why would they need weapons? These things will be moving up and down the main street of the town or zipping through the wastes going from point A to B.

Probably just self defense from your typical wasteland critters. Might not be needed say on the strip, but border towns can have some aggressive wildlife now and then.

? not really sure that an dufflbag is a huge load, it's a matter of opinion I suppose, but since you can sling one over the shoulder of your average human I don't consider it extreme. Re: the packages I imagine they carry whatever they are contracted to, for example the hardware package the courier brought into the divide. But that's probably a matter of opinion, so each to their own. But the point here is that you can fit a lot more small packages into a large bag, it doesn't have to be a single large object.

And heck, maybe I won't even have time to work on it, even if I wanted to. Or maybe I'll just throw the dufflebag version on, to save time. No rush I can figure that out later. By then we may have a better choice anyway.

The dufflebag looks like it would impede the eyebot's ability to do it's job by reducing the eyebot's speed to that of a protectron. I'm not keen on strapping a man purse onto the eyebots either as they don't look like they would remain attached to the eyebot for long if it traveled through an area with high winds. That's why I favor built in storage units as they are more secure. If you're looking for something to define the courier eyebot I would suggest putting on the Mojave Express logo that is found on the dropboxes instead.

Edited by Devilman1975

The dufflebag looks like it would impede the eyebot's ability to do it's job by reducing the eyebot's speed to that of a protectron.

? The speed of a protectron....man that is some craaaaazy wind resistance (drag physics)

If you're looking for something to define the courier eyebot I would suggest putting on the Mojave Express logo instead that is found on the dropboxes.

Sure they can have an emblem.

Well off to my night job.

? I don't think anyone except for maybe enclave or BOS can build *new* eyebots. :confused:

Probably just self defense from your typical wasteland critters. Might not be needed say on the strip, but border towns can have some aggressive wildlife now and then.

Cerulean Robotics would be making new ones though (limited in numbers of course) and why not have them stay out of combat all together? They are VERY fast so they could just be programmed to avoid hostiles and if they're ever attacked they could take evasive actions. These will be very expensive so the last thing I would want is them to get into combat situations.

Cerulean Robotics would be making new ones though (limited in numbers of course) and why not have them stay out of combat all together?

Honestly I don't htink there is anything there for making new bots, much less specifically eyebots;

As for the robotics sex shop, the Protectrons being made there are normal Protectrons, it's just they could be programmed to do other things as well. In this case it happened to be for someones fetish.

Mostly with high tech (in this example bots) they are scavenged, unless we're talking a faction with some real tech know how (ie the enclave made new power armor.

Anyway have a good one, I'm off to work