An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

Cerulean Robotics would be making new ones though (limited in numbers of course) and why not have them stay out of combat all together?

Honestly I don't htink there is anything there for making new bots, much less specifically eyebots;

As for the robotics sex shop, the Protectrons being made there are normal Protectrons, it's just they could be programmed to do other things as well. In this case it happened to be for someones fetish.

Mostly with high tech (in this example bots) they are scavenged, unless we're talking a faction with some real tech know how (ie the enclave made new power armor.

House most likely kept the schematics for all of his robots, and you could write it in that some were found in the securitron vault, most of which can't be mad or don't work, while the only ones that can be made are the Securitrons (in the vault) and Eyebots.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House most likely kept the schematics for all of his robots, and you could write it in that some were found in the securitron vault, most of which can't be mad or don't work, while the only ones that can be made are the Securitrons (in the vault) and Eyebots.

OK so help me to follow your thoughts on this one. Is there any indication of eyebots associated with teh securirtron vault, or is there some reason it is important for the story line (as opposed to scavenging the eyebots)?

Or is it more meta? Like would you like to see the securitron vault more along the lines that Devilman was hinting, as a protected manufacturing facility.

OK so help me to follow your thoughts on this one. Is there any indication of eyebots associated with teh securirtron vault, or is there some reason it is important for the story line (as opposed to scavenging the eyebots)?

Or is it more meta? Like would you like to see the securitron vault more along the lines that Devilman was hinting, as a protected manufacturing facility.

For the Eyebots I was thinking that Cerulean Robotics made new ones, although I don't see why they wouldn't repair damaged ones as well.

As for the vault it could be a manufacturing facility but some of the computers store the schematics of all of the robots House has made. The vault would only be used to produce Securitrons while Eyebots would be made at Cerulean Robotics.

For the Eyebots I was thinking that Cerulean Robotics made new ones, although I don't see why they wouldn't repair damaged ones as well.

I don't really think there is any manufacturing facilities there. As you pointed out in your earlier post, it's a place where protectrons are reprogrammed with some custom code.

Eyebots were made by House industries. An example of one is the RobCo facility in FO3. It's not a small facility. Imagine the line on a auto manufacturing plant as a example.

My larger question is why would you want to have them *made* in game, a pretty advanced technological level for a faction (enclave, BOS), as opposed to having them scavenged? Does it hook into a story element or plot in some way?

I don't really think there is any manufacturing facilities there. As you pointed out in your earlier post, it's a place where protectrons are reprogrammed with some custom code.

Eyebots were made by House industries. An example of one is the RobCo facility in FO3. It's not a small facility. Imagine the line on a auto manufacturing plant as a example.

My larger question is why would you want to have them *made* in game, a pretty advanced technological level for a faction (enclave, BOS), as opposed to having them scavenged? Does it hook into a story element or plot in some way?

Correction; I didn't state the facility was for reprogramming. I stated that Fisto happened to be reprogrammed as a sexbot.

As for the Eyebots I think they could be made in cerulean robotics, it would just be a long process, and many of the parts required could be made else where in the NCR. As for scavenging vs making new ones; how many Eyebots have you seen around the Mojave, not including the divide or ED-E? Cerulean Robotics could repair scavanged or damaged ones as well, but I think for Eyebots to be effective some should be new.

Correction; I didn't state the facility was for reprogramming. I stated that Fisto happened to be reprogrammed as a sexbot.

I stated that's where protectrons are reprogrammed, where in point of fact they are;

As you pointed out in your earlier post, it's a place where protectrons are reprogrammed with some custom code.

*You* state that they are made there;

As for the robotics sex shop, the Protectrons being made there are normal Protectrons, it's just they could be programmed to do other things as well.

*My* position is they aren't....I believe they are made by RobCo in RobCo facilities (like the one in FO3).

As for the Eyebots I think they could be made in cerulean robotics, it would just be a long process, and many of the parts required could be made else where in the NCR.

I understand you believe that, what I'm asking is;

1. What reason is there to believe that? Robco makes protectrons and uses a large factory facility. Cerulean Robotics is a small shop with a conveyor belt. I'm curious why would you believe they can produce a bot with a minute fraction of the equipment Robco (the creator and presumably best equipped to do so) can.

and

2. Does it tie into some need to have them made rather than scavenged. Same question as my previous post.

As for scavenging vs making new ones; how many Eyebots have you seen around the Mojave, not including the divide or ED-E? Cerulean Robotics could repair scavanged or damaged ones as well, but I think for Eyebots to be effective some should be new.

Your assertion that it is easier to make a high tech item than scavenge it seems rather contrary to the whole character of fallout. This would apply even more so for very advanced tech. Items are scavenged in fallout because many of these items can't be reproduced (whether due to a loss of manufacturing infrastructure, technological know how or what have you).

I find you idea that it is easier to *make* a eyebot than scavenge one somewhat askew. This is especially true when the NCR was previously in an area where eyebots of various types were known to exist and could be scavenged (the Divide). That's why I'm asking if there is some purposed fulfilled by a plot element or story concept that you feel needs to be fulfilled by having eyebots made as opposed to scavenged.

All kinds of things can be "fudged" if it makes for a great story line. But so far I havn't seen any indication that it's essential for a plot, quest or what have you. Instead I see you arguing very strongly for it, even willing to make some very far fetched assertions, yet I don't understand the need per se. So clue me in.

Regarding Cerulean Robotics we don't really know wither it was simply a robot repair shop, a robot factory, a robot showroom or maybe even all three. For all we know it could have even been a subsidiary company for RobCo. Considering the size of the place and that we see a conveyer belt I would assume that it was more than just a simple repair shop. We've only seen a part of Cerulean Robotics in the main game as the rest of the place is blocked off by rubble. It may be possible to find more equipment for making robots if we gain access to the rest of the building.

Even though I would be willing to uninstall RoboCo Certified if there are plans to use Cerulean Robotics, I can't say the same for others who use that mod especially since it adds new perks for players to pick from when leveling up. For the sakes of avoiding a mod conflict lets forget about Cerulean Robotics for now.

The securitron bunker at Caesar's Fort can be used for manufacturing courier eyebots instead. I'm sure that Mr House would have not limited the bunkers to making only securitrons. Having a robot factory in the bunker would allow for an Independent Vegas to have another export to sell to the NCR although I would advise against selling them securitrons.

...lets forget about Cerulean Robotics for now.

The securitron bunker at Caesar's Fort can be used for manufacturing courier eyebots instead. I'm sure that Mr House would have not limited the bunkers to making only securitrons. Having a robot factory in the bunker would allow for an Independent Vegas to have another export to sell to the NCR although I would advise against selling them securitrons.

Agreed.

As for the bunker I think we should come up with a way that production is limited depending on who controls it. If the NCR/Player controls the bunker then they might not be able to access it 100% thus effecting production a bit or the elimination of House caused some errors in the system.

Regardless of whoever owns the bunker I think that production should be limited to something like five robots built a day especially since the player or supported factions will need to replace any lost securitrons in the Mojave. The player can build up a stockpile of robots before selling them to the NCR.

@ Devin

Are you planning on creating a thread for the House version of the mod? I'm hoping to add in a few ideas and research regarding the House endings.

Regarding Cerulean Robotics we don't really know wither it was simply a robot repair shop, a robot factory, a robot showroom or maybe even all three. For all we know it could have even been a subsidiary company for RobCo. Considering the size of the place and that we see a conveyer belt I would assume that it was more than just a simple repair shop. We've only seen a part of Cerulean Robotics in the main game as the rest of the place is blocked off by rubble. It may be possible to find more equipment for making robots if we gain access to the rest of the building.

I think this is the wrong way to go about your argument. Instead of making an assertion and laying the burden of disproving it at someone else's feet, you want to make an assertion based on evidence that points toward your conclusion. We know what a Robco factory looks like, we have one in FO3. It is much more extensive than Cerulean Robotics. We also know that Robco manufactors protectrons. In addition we have nothing to indicate (to the best of my knowledge) that Cerulean Robotics is a subsidy of Robco. If you argument is that we don't know they *aren't*, then the same could apply for virtually any scenario. We don't choose something based in it not being ruled out (ie. it's find to assume unless it's specifically expressed in writing that they aren't a susidary), but rather on positive info. ie we're not going to get anywhere proving a negative.

Even though I would be willing to uninstall RoboCo Certified if there are plans to use Cerulean Robotics, I can't say the same for others who use that mod especially since it adds new perks for players to pick from when leveling up. For the sakes of avoiding a mod conflict lets forget about Cerulean Robotics for now.

Now I'm not saying we don't have leadway if it's for a good story or plot, but so far I still havn't heard any rationale for why we need to be able to make bots in the story line. I have no problem making a mod like Robco Certified, and I might someday (to take advantage of some ideas and some bot related resources I'v made), but I'd make it a stand alone mod and not integrated into the VivaNV series. I like to tray and follow a vanilla game path with them (the Vivas). So just like you can have a robotic comapnion I'd like to make some unique ones, but not a production of many bots (as the FO games don't).

In addition I don't really want to create further bots to increase the players army at this point. It's primarily a issue of game balance.

I can understand why some would think it's a factory, as the noise could be interpreted that way. But that's what gives us leadway to decide if it is indeed bots being assembled. And so far I keep coming back to the same question;

All kinds of things can be "fudged" if it makes for a great story line. But so far I havn't seen any indication that it's essential for a plot, quest or what have you. Instead I see you arguing very strongly for it, even willing to make some very far fetched assertions, yet I don't understand the need per se. So clue me in.

Nor would I want to do that for the securitron army for game balance concerns.....at least not at this stage.

So we've gone through several posts where I'm essentially repeating my request, and expressing why I don't think it's a good idea, as well as asking for input on why you think it would make a important story element. Essentially burning bytes. I want everyone to have a chance to express their opinion, but if it's repetitive and we aren't progresing it doesn't do us any good. If you guys come up with a hook that needs that production, I'll by all means hear you out. However at this point I don't see any rationale to fold it into the mod.

@ Devin

Are you planning on creating a thread for the House version of the mod? I'm hoping to add in a few ideas and research regarding the House endings.

Definitely. Much like we expressed previously in the mod, I think the house aspect and the tantelizing hint of a what House had in mind post end game, may end up being the best mod of all 4.

Kind of off topic, but we could even make a little hybrid one to bring the BOS up to a much more important faction. I'm more pro NCR myself, but I don't hate the BOS, and many people seem to like the idea of them having a bigger piece of the pie.