An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

I may be wrong about this, but isn't the Mojave Outpost the primary way for the NCR to move into the Mojave - would you really leave in the control of a hostile enemy? McCarran airfield is a major military location as well that should probably not have NCR control.

I don't know if removing the statue is necessary, it's sort of like a landmark now - but it can have a psychological effect. Perhaps a statue of a securitron (or even a real mega version) as a replacement?

Well, much of the post-conflict information can be gotten from an NPC securitron (like your own personal Yes-Man aide) or even a terminal at the Mojave Outpost - sort of like the beginning of Broken Steel.

Perhaps it was emphasized because while enemies (and allies) can expect some spying to take place between each other, the Rangers are not spies - they are a special forces unit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So good news, Isabelle is back (fallout, more addictive than crack)! Even though she's really busy I'm hoping she may be able to help with audio or tutor me a bit so I can do it.

She added the robot sound effect and edited my voice sample to match up a securitron;

https://soundcloud.com/devinpatterson/securitronvoice-mysample

I think it's going to be good enough to add some new NCR securitron lines as well as securitron messengers that house might send to his right hand man (or woman).

And when we release our Marilyn mod, it will fit great with a Independent and House ending. here she is in action;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlwltPXTjNY&list=UUhKTr5RPpqZOdIc4zt_StGw

I may be wrong about this, but isn't the Mojave Outpost the primary way for the NCR to move into the Mojave - would you really leave in the control of a hostile enemy? McCarran airfield is a major military location as well that should probably not have NCR control.

The order of withdrawal reascends/supercedes the New Vegas treaty. House never had the Mojave outpost, it was never his to get back. The order of withdrawal isn't a declaration of war. A declaring war, would mean every NCR target is open game (including the outpost), but that's not what we're discussing in that post.

Well, much of the post-conflict information can be gotten from an NPC securitron (like your own personal Yes-Man aide) or even a terminal at the Mojave Outpost - sort of like the beginning of Broken Steel.

Most of the info from the house side will come from securitrons, including the House securitron. Most of the independent from the yesman mainframe, securitrons and a yesman securitron. NCR can vary quite a bit. Different NCR personalities will contact you depending on the nature of the mission, maybe even teh NCR radio will play a part.

Perhaps it was emphasized because while enemies (and allies) can expect some spying to take place between each other, the Rangers are not spies - they are a special forces unit.

They are the NCR's finest. It'd be like saying "all U.S. forces must withdrawal and that includes special forces".......uhhhh yeah, kind of a given.

House probably never demanded control of the Outpost most likely because he knew he couldn't hold it - not enough troops to hold back the NCR war machine. As the leader of the Securitron Forces, the Courier could, and should control such a major throughway.

What I was talking about is our use of a time-jump (of say two weeks to a month) after the 2nd Dam battle - by that time, everyone who was going to leave has probably done so already. Scripted sequence would be cool to see, but ultimately unnecessary.

Sure, I agree - it is a little weird, but I guess it could just be a psychological thing as the Rangers have a pretty deadly reputation - "even your best forces couldn't stop me, and I'm letting them go with their tails between their legs".

House probably never demanded control of the Outpost most likely because he knew he couldn't hold it - not enough troops to hold back the NCR war machine. As the leader of the Securitron Forces, the Courier could, and should control such a major throughway.

I believe it's more of just rescinding the NV treaty. If you compare the two it's essentially returning territory that that house allowed the NCR to occupy (and in Hoover's case utilize) in return for protection. HELIOS One, and the El Dorado Substation weren't specifically mentioned in the NV treaty wiki (probably since we don't have the actual treaty, just references to it), but they were both locations under Houses (nominal) control. The outpost never was.

Not that it's a big deal in regard to wasteland law, it's unlikely a fallout lawyer is going to run over and sue House for claiming more than was his orgiinal property, it's because if House claims property that was formerly NCR most nations consider a land grab of their territory an act of aggression. And that's not what House wants, he wants to keep a profitable business relationship selling water and electricity to the NCR. Where as the locations he's demanding the NCR to vacate have always been his, the NV treaty simply allowed the NCR to occupy (but not own) them in return for protection.

What I was talking about is our use of a time-jump (of say two weeks to a month) after the 2nd Dam battle - by that time, everyone who was going to leave has probably done so already. Scripted sequence would be cool to see, but ultimately unnecessary.

Taht's essentially why I'm asking peeps in teh forum if htey would like it. If it's popular I'll try to implement it. Just a bunch of AI packages tied together under a quest. But a lot of figures involved, so it will be a bit tedious. If no one is all that interested in actually seeing the exodus, I'll work on more pressing mattters.

From your comment it sounds like you'd like to see it, but won't be overly disappointed if it's not implemented?

Sure, I agree - it is a little weird, but I guess it could just be a psychological thing as the Rangers have a pretty deadly reputation - "even your best forces couldn't stop me, and I'm letting them go with their tails between their legs".

Yeah, just odd. Maybe rangers do some really deep cover work. Sort of like the NCR version of the Frumentarii legion spies.

Anyway, what about developing the space line quest. I havn't looked, did you have any references I can start checking out on House's plan in the heavens. Or any ideas to start constructing the quest line?

oh! OH!

I was just reading back some the discussion again :smile:

Victor as the villain gets my vote; the ability to jump from securitron to securitron at will lets him crop up all over the place to cause all kinds of mayhem and be potentially unstoppable; if he can take possession of one securiton at a time until you've destroyed the last securitron in the army then that's a bargaining chip he can use against the courier for blackmail purposes, or the carry out "Houses Last Will and Testimony" or some such.

Also (and im more than happy to contribute to this) how about making Victors (or House, or Yes Man) voice all broken up and distorted like the The Master in Fallout 1? It'd be a fine way to recycle in-game dialogue, disguise any additions to it, and seamlessly add in new audio without it spoiling the moment.

edit.

heh.. victors gradual decay after Mr Houses demise, he goes crazier and crazier. That could be fun,

Edited by LuciaofArroyo

Anyway, what about developing the space line quest. I havn't looked, did you have any references I can start checking out on House's plan in the heavens. Or any ideas to start constructing the quest line?

Too be honest I think that the space line quest may be stretching things a bit far. True enough, House wants to start sending humans into space but he realizes that it will take about a hundred years and I doubt that the Courier would have the means to pull off something like that. Maybe something can be done along those lines in a addon for the TSC Vegas mod. Only problem is that particular mod is currently hidden until the author Nylonathep fixes it and finishes his work on Mothership Zeta Crew for Fallout 3.

Edited by Devilman1975