Question on how to publish a mod with a changed quest + new perk.

dikr

Hi, I'm currently making a mod that adds a new perk mag (to unlock a range of new workshop items) and it seems I got it all figured out. But that's local! I'm not sure if all changes and additions I made are the proper, clean way of doing it in order to publish the mod.

I added a new perk magazine to add new stuff to some of the workshop menus and edited the vanilla perksquest with a new stage linked to reading the new mag. I picked a reasonably far away number for the stage to minimize conflict with mods that might do the same thing, but I can't rule out a conflict in stage number.

What is the proper way to go about this? Should I create a fully new and unique perksquest or has the game engine some way of avoiding those conflicts?

Thanks!

Thanks, chucksteel. Makes sense. Made a new quest and it all seems to work fine. First time I play around with quests in FO4 CK so please bear with me :smile:

I had to edit the "Magstagescript" on the new magazine with my own questname and the new stage number (see pic). Which leads me two further questions:

It still mentions Perksquest in the name but I guess that's just an existing property? In the value field it links to my new quest and I removed my edit of the vanilla Perksquest from the .esp. Is this the right way to go about it?

And in regards to publishing, did I alter any existing script files in this way and do I need to pack some kind of fragment with the mod's files? Can't find any related new files in my data folder.

Thanks.

NhxwPA9.jpg

Edited by dikr