SkyUI Error 1 -with- SKSE Installed

katywills1

Hey everyone,

I have the most bizarre error with my current modding experience.

SkyUI defines error 1 as an issue with an SKSE install. However, when I launch my Skyrim SE (using NMM and then selecting SKSE) and attempt to start a new game, I am met with ERROR CODE 1.

This wouldn't be an issue by itself. However, whenever I use the console command 'GetSKSEVersion' it will always come up positive, informing me that I am currently running version 2.0.7 of SKSE. This means that SkyUI is somehow not seeing that I have SKSE at all, since the game itself tells me that I am running it.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/956340059401824947/7AB5F5D58E699DE9315019AA9A06659C353B2C8F/

If that wasn't enough, I can actually start a game and play as usual. When I select my inventory, it will freeze for about 5 seconds and then present me with the SkyUI interface, as if there was no error at all. So I'm here scratching my head wondering why:

1. SKSE isn't being detected by SkyUI when it blatantly says it is running

2. It takes 5 seconds for the SkyUI Interface to show up when the error code was given, being a huge annoyance when trying to play

Solutions I have attempted:

-Running SKSE/NMM as an administrator

-Re-installing both SKSE and SkyUI after the error was detected

-Running SkyUI as my only mod to try and see if there were conflicts

Cheers.

redownload both SKYui and SKSE64 MANUALLY

Then go into what ever mod manager you use and uninstall them AND delete them from the manager

Then reinstall them from the zip files you downloaded

sounds like you may have gotten a corrupted installation

Not sure how the managers do it but when you manually download a file ALL internet browsers verify the file right before completion

let me know if that works :)

go to the skyrimse file that you put skse loader into if you have oth skse loader and skyrimse launcher listed rename skse loader to skyrimse launcher and replace then rename skyrimse launcher to some thing you'll remember if you have to change it back

go to the skyrimse file that you put skse loader into if you have oth skse loader and skyrimse launcher listed rename skse loader to skyrimse launcher and replace then rename skyrimse launcher to some thing you'll remember if you have to change it back

NO! DO NOT DO THAT!!!

SKSE and SKSE64 were written entirely different

My Warning - If you do that, you are asking for nothing but problems

Yesterday SKSE64 was working fine. Today it wasn't. Is anyone else having this issue?

Why are you trying to hijack someone's thread?

Make your own.

@johnnyquest101

Nexus TOS - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Do not hijack threads
Do not post something unrelated to the topic in order to gain attention for your post or simply to steer people off the main topic.

@katywills1 - if you would like more help from me, i would be more than happy to help you, just pm me directly :)

Edited by gromulos