Wii U REVEAL

Thor.

I am looking out though to see what comes out for it.. Not getting it day one though..

well....why would you ever buy any console on day one?

I hope the tablet comes bundled with the Wii u, on that forum someone mentioned that. Like a addon and so on.. Hopefully thats not the case.. Edited by Thor.

Nintendo should add the tablet or else is gonna be rly bad for them, is gonna be expensive(according to some ppl almost 300-400 dollars :s) so no much ppl is gonna buy it = to no developers using the tablet in games = losses, i dont wanna jump in the wagon of "if nintendo dont do it right with this console, gonna end like sega and the dreamcast"; but it could happend.

In the bright side, if the api is similar to wii, u can expect the "home brew channels" and maybe some crossovers with tablets and cellphones.

Was reading some info in the unity forums, man that was a good read specially the comments from dremora, here.

He makes some very good points and a lot of what he says I've been discussing elsewhere, sadly that discussion has been with mainly raving fanboys who think that because they're going to buy it everyone else will do the same. I honestly think they're making a huge mistake going for the casual crowd again, it worked in the early days of the Wii because there was little in the way of competition, now Apple, Google and Facebook are in there offering far cheaper and even free games. You can see how the market changed during the lifetime of the Wii, it went from a huge success to a disaster that had investors running for the hills.

Nintendo should add the tablet or else is gonna be rly bad for them, is gonna be expensive(according to some ppl almost 300-400 dollars :s) so no much ppl is gonna buy it = to no developers using the tablet in games = losses, i dont wanna jump in the wagon of "if nintendo dont do it right with this console, gonna end like sega and the dreamcast"; but it could happend.

In the bright side, if the api is similar to wii, u can expect the "home brew channels" and maybe some crossovers with tablets and cellphones.

The resistive screen on the Wii pad thing might make crossovers difficult, many apps and games use multitouch, something the Wii pad doesn't support.

1,GB of ram and 1GB is actual "power"?

How this is next gen!?

They should up the memory so they could be a least close to what most gamer PC's are now.

and GPU is certainly an improvement from their old stuff but outdated as.. yeah.

Edited by Mahtawa

Is not, is just a wii with diferent parts and one more letter(?), srly nintendo is not making a next gen console, they are only making updates to the api/sdk and hardware, ah yea and expensive controls, hope they can make it if dont they should start to make games for the next consoles ps4/xbox 720.

BTW if nintendo is making their disk based in the bluray technology, we can expect a legal battle???

Edited by aruless

would be sweet if nintendo just stopped making consoles and released multiplatform Mario and Zelda. not gunna lie. i love Nintendo and its legecy and what it did for gaming. but would be cool to play Nintendo stuff on my Ps3.

I doubt a legal battle, the 720P is going to be blu ray rumours have it.. :teehee:

No Blu Ray, it's going to be a proprietary format. Better than the earlier suggested DVD but still not ideal. The console just looks cheap to me, cheap battery, cheap screen, cheap GPU, cheap CPU, they won't even pay the licence fee for Blu-Ray just as they didn't with the Wii for DVD.